CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Should I be angry or laugh?

I put Dom down for a nap at 1 pm today. 2 pm rolls around and he's still up. So, I go into his room and he has his foot up in the air because I forgot to remove his slippers. So I took them off. 30 min later he's still talking, so I go down again, counting to 10 all the way, and he's banging his sippy cup on the wall (that's how he lets me know his cup is empty) to get my attention. I was angry but didn't react. Now he's asleep!
Where did he learn to be so particular? I've taught him to keep things in order, but he's the one who likes things that way. He's always loved his routines and it just makes me wonder.
What does it mean when you child won't take their nap because their slippers are still on or they are missing one of their stuffed animals or their sippy cup is empty?
It's a little frustrating sometimes because he's not being bad he just has to have things a certain way and it drives me nuts!!!

2 comments:

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Kids certainly come with their own personality. i definitely wouldn't act mad about it. he is so sweet and if everything isn't the way you like it you have to be thoroughly exhausted to fall asleep.For example, if my feet were dirty or I am cold, it takes me forever to fall asleep. It just bugs me. Maybe that is how Dominic is. He just needs to be comfortable which to him might mean no slippers or other strange things. If he doesn't have those he could still fall asleep, but he would have to get really really tired so it takes a while.

I guess you will just have to be the most perfect Mom ever and do everything exactly right everytime!lol!

I am sad we didn't get to do a photo session with the 2 as well, but we did get really cute pictures at the studio. I already have them up on my wall. I can't really just do pictures anytime, I have to see something and then get the vision. Then I take pictures the rest of the entire day and David thinks I am going crazy and wonders why we need another 200 pictures of Lucy.

ABBOTTLAND said...

It's Dominics way of telling you what he likes and doesn't like. He is becoming his own somebody. This is the perfect age. I love it! Yes, it is challenging sometimes, but what a priveledge to experience the world for the first time through their eyes. It will be fun to tell him about these little things he did when he gets older.
~Mandy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin