I just had to share my experience at Best Buy vs. Circuit City last night. I was looking for a new digital camera and had done lots of research before I came, with the help of Mary. I was deciding between Canon and Nikon. Mary is a photographer and has used both and said that either would be great. Best Buy had a special package for the Nikon Coolpix S210 (camera w/extra battery and camera case) for $199. Mary said that was a great deal, so off I went with my paper in hand. I went to play with the camera and see if I liked it. So, the guy came right up to me and asked what I needed. I told him I'm interested in the Nikon and pointed to it. He practically said, don't buy it, it's a piece of crap! I was stunned since all the reviews I read were 5 stars and a little better reviews than the Canon got. So, he starts trying to sell me a Sony camera for $200! I was like I don't think so. This other gal was looking at the Nikon with me. We were looking and talking about it and we both had heard really great things about it. The guy then tells us that he sells 4 of the Nikon's per wk and gets one returned. I commented that at least 3 out of 4 people were satisfied. I discovered that this guy was a photographer and had a Canon, so he was a little biased against Nikon. So, I left feeling very frustrated because I wanted this camera so much. I called Mary and she felt that the guy was full of crap and I should get a 2nd opinion. She told me to talk to someone who wasn't biased against Canon or Nikon so they could give me their honest opion. So I flipped around to Circuit City. First I was annoyed because there was no one to help me and I was obviously checking out cameras seriously. Finally a guy helped me. He first told me that my son was the most beautiful little boy he's ever seen! Points scored right away! I told him about my experience at Best Buy and that I liked the Nikon. He talked that camera up as did two other employees. I mean the camera itsself was priced @ $179.99. That can't be a "piece of crap". So, I bought it and they honored Best Buy's package so I got the extra battery and camera case for $199! I was so happy! Oh, and the BEST thing about this camera is that it comes in PURPLE! I know, I died and went to heaven!
Sorry my story was so long, but I thought it was interesting. So, if anyone asks, The Nikon S210 rocks! It's so little and I played with it a lot last night. It's really fast!!! Isn't it pretty?!
Sorry my story was so long, but I thought it was interesting. So, if anyone asks, The Nikon S210 rocks! It's so little and I played with it a lot last night. It's really fast!!! Isn't it pretty?!


1 comments:
It is very cute!!! I don't like Best Buy at all! Have not liked them since before we moved to Spokane. Back in California they were just as bad. I do have to admit Circut City does have less employees to help but they always seem to know more about what they are talking about. Well that is my experience.
Post a Comment