Yesterday went much better. I started giving the time-outs on the stairs and setting the timer. If he gets up during the TO then I start the timer all over. It seemed to work pretty well. He is very sensitive and doesn't like to be in trouble at all. He had about 5-6 TO yesterday. So far none today. I think that he gets bored a lot. So I am planning on taking him outside today for a little bit. Thanks for all your comments and support. I am soooooooooo glad that I am not the only one in this boat. Sometimes it really feels like it though.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
August
(20)
- Mommy Post
- A little more done...
- Baby Fever
- Slashed!
- Mommy Post-Good
- Les Miserables
- Other pictures from the last few days.
- 10 yr reunion
- Girl's Night
- Hanging out w/the Archer's
- Riverfront Park, Girl''s Night, New friends
- Mommy Post Good/Bad
- The Mommy Post Bad/Good
- Skyfest
- Wordless Wednesday
- No more static!
- Attention All Mothers of newborns to toddlers!
- Priorities!
- More baby's room pics
- Personality Pics!
-
▼
August
(20)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are a good mom Renee'. :)
By the way, I just noticed on your slideshow, if I understood it right, that you and Dom share the same birthday? How special is that...
Keep up the good work. You will figure it out, and things will get better...and yes if he is bored he will act out more....I totally have been seeing that happen in my home lately. Bug has been doing things that he has never ever done before (distructive things). Getting the kidlets out for some fresh air is good, but sometimes it is hard with the warm weather and other things. So just do what you can. You are doing a GREAT JOB!!!
A woman I admire greatly who raised 11 wonderful children once told me "There are no yelling mothers in the Celestial Kingdom". Stop yelling,stop spanking, and TEACH. Even time out is pointless if you do not TEACH. Let him shadow you as you work, play with him, let him be near you as he plays. Keep him busy. Talk to him, even if he cannot talk back. Feel his spirit so you can know bow much he understands. Sometimes children do things because they don't think like we do. They don't have the same reasoning ability and judgement. They are most often not "naughty" on purpose. Their intentions are good, the outcome is just less than desireable :-).
It's wonderful that you recognize the need to improve your parenting skills. Read, pray, take a class, pray, share ideas with friends, pray, be consistent, pray, and end every day telling him you love him. You can do it!!!
What a great comment, that was really nice! Good advice for me!
Post a Comment