Bad
I think I will start a new post called "The Mommy Post Bad/Good." I am just going through so much with a 2 yr old that I'd like to start these posts. I am doing good/bad so I remember how much I love being a mother. I don't know when I will post them. It just depends on the day, I guess.
I am out of patience lately w/Dom. 2 yr old's are so exhausting! How do you do it? Am I making this harder than it has to be? I am making a few changes. I have designated a "naughty corner" for Dom. I don't want to keep sending him to his room/bed as punishment. I want him to enjoy being in there and start playing in there more. Today I started timing him during time-out. I just hope that by being consistant w/him will get him to listen to me and we will have less and less days of time-outs and yelling at him. I am so tired of yelling at him! Also, I am not getting enought time away from him. He bawls and bawls when I leave for the store. Vince really has to distract him. I love Dom so much! We waited so long to get him.
Will we graduate from the Terrible Two's?
HELP!
Good
He loves to help any way he can. He is so cute and very lovable! I do love that he's such a Mamm's Boy. I love the bond we have. He's so smart and eager to learn more every day.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
August
(20)
- Mommy Post
- A little more done...
- Baby Fever
- Slashed!
- Mommy Post-Good
- Les Miserables
- Other pictures from the last few days.
- 10 yr reunion
- Girl's Night
- Hanging out w/the Archer's
- Riverfront Park, Girl''s Night, New friends
- Mommy Post Good/Bad
- The Mommy Post Bad/Good
- Skyfest
- Wordless Wednesday
- No more static!
- Attention All Mothers of newborns to toddlers!
- Priorities!
- More baby's room pics
- Personality Pics!
-
▼
August
(20)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Monday, August 11, 2008
The Mommy Post Bad/Good
at 10:36 PM
Labels: Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think the Mommy Post Bad/Good is a good idea. It will help you to look back and see all the progress that both you and Dom have made. Okay, so I am in the terrible twos with Tyrone and I believe that they go into the terrible threes as well. Sorry to scare you, it does get better, but three year olds are tiresome too. I know what you mean about time-outs. Sometimes I think it is over-rated and that they are not learning much from it. What I have found is that my boys usually just need to be redirected to a new activity. That they are bored and that's why they are getting into trouble. If I have the time, which is rare, I will try to sit down and read a book with them especially in those moments where I just want to scream. It's so hard to keep your temper, but I have learned that all the shouting in the world does nothing in the end. Hope some of this helps. They are all different.
~Mandy
I have been contemplating the joys and woes of Motherhood a lot lately. I think it is one of God's ways to teach us many lessons we would never internalize otherwise, like being patient and selfless. It is one thing to be nice to friends and do service, but it is a completely different level of ongoing service as a mother. I know it is all in our attitude and I am trying to choose to be happy everyday while being a Mother, but I am often overtired and overstressed, without any time to think and struggle to see how wonderful my life is. The only conclusion I have come to is to pray often that we might see the purpose of our struggles and learn the lessons we are being taught, then at least our trials will seem more worthwhile. Good luck. I know it is hard.
Oh aren't these days fun?... I can so totally relate to you. See, I thought I knew what the terrible two's were with my older three, then I had Levi. He started his "terrible two's" at about 1, and is 3 1/2 and still pushing his limits. I am struggling to figure out new tactics with him, because nothing I did with my other kids seems to work with him. He thinks time out is a game, if I yell he just yells right back, and he fights it when I try to redirect him to something new, because he seems to realize what I'm doing...He is the most curious thing I've ever met, so I found an idea online somewhere and it has helped some for the last few months. I now have a box full of miscellaneous things that he finds interesting, like a tape measure, salad tongs, a big lock with a key, etc...and I add new things often just from around the house that are safe but interesting somehow. I bring it out only when I need to get something done, and he plays so good and is more agreeable becasue he looks forward to it. For his particular personality this really helps. But yeah, they say the 2's are to prepare us for the teens...oh boy.
Bug is still in his terrible twos and he is 3 1/2 too. The time outs work well for us. At first I had to stand near by him but not make eye contact with him. But now usually usually just have to give him the warning that he will get a time out and that works. If I do have to do a time out with him I make him stay in the corner for 3 minutes since he is 3 years old. So Dom would be 2 min since he is only 2 years old. I also, gave some of his toys times out from time to time when he just doesn't seem to be getting it. When he was a little over 2 years old and really liked watching Blues Clues and would not stop playing with pushing buttons on the TV and DVD player, I would turn off the TV and give the show a time out. It only took a few times tell he realized when he pushed buttons that Blues Clues went away. Blues Clues was Bug's currency at the time, so that is what effected him. Find Dom's currency and you can use that too.
I always give a warning on a time out if what Bug is doing is not hurting someone but just being bad. Know if he is hurting someone there is NO warning....straight to time out time!
sorry this comment was so long.
Post a Comment