CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday

2 yrs ago today, Dom was in the hospital for Strep Pneumonia Bacteria. We were camping near St. Maries and he had been screaming for 2 hrs and I couldn't do anything to soothe him. Then it dawned on me to take his temp and it was almost 103. So we rushed him to St. Maries and after the results we found out that he was really really sick. So the next day we headed home and I took him to VYPC (Valley Young People's Clinic) where the Dr. said he needed to be hospitalized A.S.A.P. The poked him and finally got an IV in. He needed to get antibiotics through an IV for 2 wks. I stayed with him the whole time and during the 2nd wk I had to work part time. Here are some pics from this scary time.
This was shortly after we arived and his temp was really high!

This was the first IV they put in his foot.

He was finally able to sleep once the drugs kicked in.

For those of you who have been the ER with
your kids, you've seen those cribs they have.
They had one for Dom but decided to put him
in a 1/2 size crib since he was so small. This is
the 1/2 size crib.


This is when he first starting to sleep with his Bum in the air.

2 comments:

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

I woke up today and thought...it is Friday I am excited to see what Renee will post for flashback Friday. Just wanted to let you know I look forward to them.

Poor little Dominic. That must have been such a scary time in your life. You must be really tough after watching Dominic go through stuff like this. What a cute little trooper!

Josh n Betsie said...

I hate IV's in little kids. They put an IV in Jennidee's hand when she was only a day old and then that fell off in the middle of the antibiotics so they had to do it in her leg. MAN! I hope i dont ever have to go to the ER with them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin