CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting Settled

Things w/Lil are going great! It's like she never left! It was like that when we got her the 2nd time too. I am writing down when she eats, so I can get more of a schedule w/her. I fed her some solids last night and she slept through the night! She ate at 8am then fell back asleep until 11am. She's just wonderful! She cried for me twice yesterday too! I loved that! So, it seems that the attachment won't be that difficult at all.
On the other side, It's getting more and more difficult w/Rose. She is a very needy baby and w/all 3 kids I'm just going crazy! She cries all the time too. Vince and I are thinking that we need to say goodbye to Rose. She is starting the transition to moving in w/her parents. I feel bad though. I don't want to send her to another foster family, but if the parents are ready and CPS can get a court order, then why not? She's not a permanant placement and the sooner she goes, the better for her, I think.
I feel guilty for wanting her gone, since we got our Lil back, but we've been praying and hoping for a miracle and we got her back!
Vince is also leaving me for a scout campout this weekend, with all 3 kids! I really need his help!

5 comments:

Kalia said...

Justin left me at 5 am today. He comes back late Thursday. It's stressful, and I don't have two babies, so good luck!! Have some friends over to hang out with/help out if you can. And don't feel guilty about Rose, when you have your own baby home now, it's kinda like babysitting someone elses too, and you are just feeling ready to hand her back over. I think it's very normal and natural. Good luck!!! Love, Kalia

The Barney's said...

I haven't been on any blogs for awhile with all our computer probs. I am lucky it hasn't frozen on me so far. I am so glad you commented and told me about Lily. That is so wonderful. Fingers crossed!!! I think if it looks like Rose will go back to her parents, then def. the sooner the better. The less she is attached to you, the easier for her birth parents so don't feel bad. I just can't even imagine 2 babies on 2 different schedules!!!! I bet you are exhausted. Good luck this weekend with Vince gone.

Kalia said...

Hey, just saw your lillipie thing, is it Dom's birthday today? Happy Birthday Mr. Dom!!!! Welcome to the terrific, tantrum-free (we wish, huh!), tolerable threes!!!

Anonymous said...

Two babies is stressful, and I think it would probably be in Rose's and Lil's best interest to have you be just taking care of one of them. I don't think you should feel guilty at all. You are trying to do what is best for you and your family.

Becky said...

You are amazing Renee!!! I am sooo happy that you have your little girl back - - and I think you are so amazing for keeping Rose too. You have such an instinct for what is best for these children. You are such a blessing in their life and are a great mommy! I know it must be tough to take care of two babies and Dom- - but you can do it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin