Dom is so smart! Sometimes I can't believe the things he thinks of.
Vince cut up a hotdog for Dom to eat for lunch. He sat down in his chair, had two bites and said he was done. This is normal for Dom, but we're trying to get him to eat more. He fussed and we yelled and finally he said he was "all done". Vince walked over to the table and his plate was empty.
Several hours later...
I noticed some hotdog pieces under the table and the rest of the pieces were shoved under his booster chair! That little stinker! Vince laughed and I rolled my eyes.
Now the attitude part. Ever since he's turned three he has had this ATTITUDE! Where did it come from? Where did our sweet and playful little boy go? Dom where are you? Mommy and Daddy are looking for you! He tells us NO all the time now and in this smarty little tone.
I am afraid this year of him being three is going to suck! Any suggestions? Anyone?
Oh, if you happen to find a little brown-eyed-adorably-handsome-w/out attitude boy named Dominic, please send him home!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Has anyone seen my boy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
All I can say is good luck! Atley says "You're a naughty mom" or "You're a bad daddy" "I don't like you anymore"....so, clearly I don't have any answers! Good luck!!
Cute post Renee :) I will keep my eyes open for the cutie patootie without attitude ;).
Yess - - I know about three year olds!! I actually think they are harder in a lot of ways than two year olds. This is where true diciplining has to start and they really test the limits. At two, they are a little more innocent - - they truely can't help themselves when it comes to exploring and getting into things- it is how they learn. But at three - - they KNOW they aren't supposed to do something, and they do it anyway! Marcus had a really hard year as a three year old- it was a horrible year for us. Part of it is because he couldn't communicate well, and has the obsessive compulsive tendencies. My suggestion is just to really pay attention to what works and what doesn't, because each child is different. If something isn't working, don't be afraid to try something different. Discipline is also about teaching limits, not about control. When you loose your cool, it is OK to apologize to your child, and let them know that you are learning too. I think the most important thing is that they know you love them, but also aren't going to let them misbehave. It is the grand experiment to find out what works - - and I am still working on it with each of my kids! Good luck, and don't EVER feel that you are a bad parent, if you don't get the results you want right away (I have struggled with this). I have heard plenty of "I hate you mom" in my day!
Post a Comment