Today was the first visit for Lil since she returned to us. I am allowed to go the visits too. We met the Grandma and Shelbie (Lil's sister). Grandma was so happy to see Lil that she cried, but they were happy tears. She enjoyed just being able to be a grandma to Lil. She played w/her and laughed w/her. Shelbie played w/her too but mostly w/mega blocks.
Me and grandma got to know each other a little better. she talked about us going to the lake w/them this summer once things are more finalized w/Lil.
She also brought the highchair she bought for Lil. It's the one I wanted to get too. The spacesaver highchair. She also bought a walker and will be giving that to us too.
I shared w/her, how I loved Lil's name and told my mom (two days before we got her) that I wanted to have a daughter named " " some day. She said that God is in the works right now. She said that the day she got Lil and we lost her the 2nd time, she just didn't feel right about it. She wanted to do the right thing for her granddaughter. She is so happy that Lil is w/us though. She loves the fact that we have an older child for Lil to play w/and learn from. It feels so good to get to know some of Lil's family. I think this is a good thing.
I feel really good about things getting finalized, but will have to wait and be patient during the termination period. I HOPE it goes fast though (finger's crossed).
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Visitations begin
at 1:21 PM
Labels: Foster-Adopt, Lil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We will pray that everything goes smoothly! I am so happy for you.
I hope all goes well with Lil, so you can get finalized. It is great you are getting to know her biological family, too! What a great experience, although hard! Keep positive, all will work out! :)
We'll keep praying for you too! I'm still so excited for you, and aren't those space saver high chairs great! I got one from the DI, and it has been so nice to be able to walk all the way around my table again!
Post a Comment