Wow, I can't believe I done that many posts.
Here's to my 300th post!
Talked to Rose's SW today & we're preparing for her to be placed w/her parents next Tuesday. As of now, the Judge believes that the parents can do this. I hope so! For Rose's sake. Basically, Vince and I have done our job w/Rose. We have taken this 5 lb 3 oz drug baby and have turned her into a somewhat happy, content & loved baby. So, here you go birth parents. We have done all the HARD and DIRTY work for you. Good luck from here on out.
So, this means that we have only three more nights w/Rose! She has an overnight visit on Fri and Sat night!
Her bags are packed and ready to go...
We have started Speech Therapy for Dom. We went yesterday and all went well. They determined that he is slightly delayed in speech and the problem lies more in the fine motor skills, which will be worked on through occupational therapy. He was have a follow-up in speech therapy in three months.
His first OT and PT will be beginning on next month. I am eager for the OT to start. Also, the ST suggested that pre-school would be very beneficial for Dom. I was thinking of this anyway.
Today I called Spokane Public schools and he will be tested to see if he qualifies for the special needs pre-school. He would be put in this category since he's in therapy.
I should hear back from someone incharge of the Preschool's in the next 10 days and we'll go from there. It's totally free too since it's through the public schools.
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Thursday, February 19, 2009
300th Post!
at 4:09 PM
Labels: Dominic's Development, Rose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm excited to read your blog, with your experiences with foster kids. We have been certified for 5 months now, without ANY placements. I don't know what we are doing wrong!
Wow here's to that many posts. I'm glad you have so much support to help you with Dominic that's great to have. I'm glad they will be able to help him so that way he can catch up a little bit
I love your blog you always do such a great job...I hope that things will work out with Lily and that you guys will get to keep her because she's just so adorable! Let's hope that the judge won't give her back to her birth mom because that would be so wrong!! Good luck with rose and I hope that her parents will finally treat her like she deserves. You're amazing and hang in there and keep being faithful, the Lord will bless you :) Love Annie~*
Congrats. I had started to leave a comment yesterday but life got in the way.
You are amazing Renee - - what you have done for all three of those children. Rose is so much better off having been in your home! I can't even imagine how challenging this has been for you, though!
I hope Dom can do pre-school - - that is TRULY when Marcus started to progress, and actually potty trained. He was almost 4. Luckily, we qualified for Head Start because Jon was a student and we had extremely low income. I have heard really good things about the developmental pre-schools through the public schools too - - though we haven't experienced it.
Anyway- you are amazing!
Post a Comment