CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Attachment

We've had our baby girl, Lil, back for almost 3 weeks now. Time has flown by this time.
I am happy to say that she is attaching to me so well! She definately treats me as her Mommy! I love it. She is letting us hold her a lot more often and loves it. She's eating plenty and sleeping a lot. She laughs all the time.
This morning Vince got up w/her and played w/her for a couple hours, while letting me sleep a little. The minute I got up and was in her sights, she whined and fussed for Mommy. I immediately knew she was hungry and ready for a nap.
She has definately defined me as the person who takes care of her needs. She's adjusting to Vince well too.
We are just having so much w/her and can't wait for things to get finalized. Patience Renee'!

Also, Rose had her first overnight visit last night w/her birth parents. I wish I had details of how everything went. They reported that everything went just fine.
We got her back about 12:30 today and decided to stay home from church. She was already sleeping in the carseat when we got her back. She woke up for a bottle and went right back down for a long 4 hr nap. She's in bed for the night now too.
If everything went as smoothly as the BP said it did, then I'm happy for them. I HOPE and pray that they will stay off drugs, for Rose's sake, and be good parents to her.
She has three more visits until the next court date at which the judge will decide placement for her.

1 comments:

Stephani said...

I am really happy for you guys. She sounds like a fun little girl, and it is so wonderful how this has all begun to really work out. You are obviously wonderful parents and love her very much. It would be hard for me to be patient in your shoes too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin