CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back to the Valley!

Well, I can officially say that Vince and I have decided to sell the house. We are not making it in this economy right now. Vince's overtime (which we needed every penny) has stopped. His work is starting to lay off some workers, temporarily. Vince is one of the last one's to be laid off, but we can't even afford him not to work one day.

We have thrown around this decision to sell the house for months. We've always gone around it and tried to come up w/a solution. We just can't beat around the bush anymore. We are starting to miss payments so we have to do this.

We are going to try to do a Short Sale. For al those who don't know what that is, here you go.
SHORT SALES:
Approved through your lender only.
Need to be one or two payments behind.
Having financial difficulties.
House is typically worth less than you owe.
If approved, the lender will tell you how much to sell your house for.
ex: House is worth 120K so lender says you can sell it for 100K.
When you sell, you are forgiven of 2oK.

There is a lot of paperwork involved. It'll relect on your credit for 3 years; much better than a forclosure.

So, we will be starting to pack and move as much as we can, out.

We hope to be out by end of summer. We'll see how it goes. This house is going to sold for dirt cheap, if we are approved for the Short Sale.

The PROS:
We won't be bound to this loan anymore.
No more paying hundreds of dollars in one month for electric bill.
No more freezing our butts off in our drafty house.
We will be closer to our families and friends in the valley, once again.
I will save gas on how much I go the valley now.
We will be paying a lot less for rent for the next few years.

I can't lie, there are a lot of pros for us doing this. We just had to make the decision.

6 comments:

Kalia said...

I'm sorry to hear things are so tough. We're hoping to save some money in home ownership. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully your short sale will go quickly and smoothly. We'll keep your family in our prayers. Love, Kalia

Mikaela said...

I'm sorry things are so bad for you guys...I definately know how you feel though, except our house had to foreclose in Spokane. It makes me sad, and I miss my house BIG TIME! I hope you can sell yours!

Samantha Fife said...

Good Luck!

Stephani said...

You sound happy :) So it must be a good decision. Life takes interesting turns, and right now that is happening for a lot of people. I hope it all works out! I miss the valley sometimes too.

Holly Murray said...

I recently heard someone describe this time in history as a period of readjustment. I like that, it's more of an optimistic look at things. Right now is a good time to be a student nudge, nudge...we'd love to see you here in Rexburg with us! (Once the adoption is final, of course.) Stay positive, you seem to have a great attitude about the whole situation.

Annie Jaouak said...

God Bless you Renee. I love you honey and am very very very proud of you both because I know that this decision did not come about lightly I KNOW it was made of sound mind. This too shall pass honey. Be strong I love you and let me know when you get the package.
Annie Jaouak

Blog Widget by LinkWithin