I just finished soaking in a nice hot bubble bath. I took some time to read more of a book I'm reading.
Today we took Lil for a flup @ the dr's & last minute added Dom to the mix. I just had this stinken suspision that he might have RSV. He's had all the symptoms except for the wheezing. I really thought I'd be wrong, but sure enough...RSV strike 3!
Since he's older he may not need the neb treatments. If he starts to wheeze, then we'll go that route.
I learned something today. RSV can be very dangerous on infants & they take it seriously especially if they're under 6 mo. Some babies can be hospitalized or die from it.
It gets in the lungs and makes breathing very difficult.
Some signs are:
runny nose
congestion
cough
wheezing
fever
gagging when coughing
vomitting
loss of appetite
I guess since Dom had this @ 11 mo old, he's more suseptible to getting it throughout his life. The older he gets, the less impact it will have on him. For adults it's basically a bad cold.
Lil has kept all her bottles down today and is more herself. We are able to take the treatments down to 3 a day.
So we are pushing through this crap an I will be able to see the world again soon.
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Friday, March 13, 2009
Finding relaxation throughout the sickness
at 12:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm glad things are slowly getting better around your house. That's good to know about RSV so thanks for the info it might come in handy someday.
Sorry that Dom has it too. I remember when Bug was in day care (5months old through 10months) they had an out break of RSV. Luckily he didn't get it, but they closed the day care down for a week. It is very scary thing. Dom might be more prone to asthma down the road too. So keep an eye on him.
Bug got pnemonia in May of 2006 (he was just over a year old) and because of that he has breathing trouble with each cold her gets. He is going to see an allergy specialist in May.
Gabe hasn't had any asthma problems at all even though he had bad RSV at 2 months, and he's five now.
Good for you! I'm glad you made some time to relax! Sorry to hear about all the sickness! Hopefully you'll all recover quickly and be able to settle into a nice routine with 2 kids now.
Post a Comment