Rose was picked up by the SW this morning! Did I cry? Ummmmmmmm..........no. I kissed her cheek, hugged her and told her I loved her. Then I told her to show her lung power to her parents. LOl!
Rose joined our family a week after we lost Lil for the 2nd time. When we first saw her at the hospital, we were hoping and praying that this baby was here to stay. We found out that it wasn't going happen for us to keep her from the beginning.
We helped her get through withdrawls for a couple months. I tried to love her w/my whole heart, but I did hold back for my sake.
With a stable environment and lots of love I think she'll do just fine. I hope and pray that her parents will stay clean and sober for their daughter's sake.
We will miss Rose's smile.
Here are some pics to remember the last 4 1/2 months w/her.
Things are already a lot calmer w/out her. Since Lil is sick, she sleeps a lot during the day. I was getting worried because she was really wheezy this morning, but after her last nap and another neb treatment, she's doing better. She's choking on her bottle which I hate to see.
RSV is a nasty virus! Why does it keep invading my house!
Oh! You'll love this!
So I got Lil up last night around midnight to give her a treatment. She just had a bottle and I thought all was good. I sat her down on my lap and had the neb treatment all ready to go. She burped a normal burp...then had this look on her face...the burped louder than I've ever heard a baby burp and projectile vomitted all over herself and me! It was chunks too!
So, after a bath for her and removing my robe (which I was so thankful to have been wearing) we completed the treatment.
To make matters worse, Dom has gotten a cold now. He's got all the symptoms of RSV, but the wheezing...so I'm hoping that he didn't get the virus, but just a cold. He's soaking this up though. He's wanting medicine and nose wiping and lots of attention. He cries and says he's sick & and today I responded w/ "this whole house is sick! Daddy, Mommy, sister & you are ALL sick". He said "OH".

8 comments:
I'm glad to hear life is feeling more normal with your borrowed baby gone! I'm sure it's nice to be together as a family with your own kids again!! And isn't that projectile vomiting insane!!! I hope everyone gets well soon so you can all relax even more!!
I'm sure someone will be thrilled to take care of Rose. (we've been waiting for a baby for 6 months, with no placements). Of course it would be best if she could stay with her parents.. but we all know how that usually goes. Good luck with all the sickness
Im glad life is slowing down. I hope everyone gets better. Watch out Dom might say he doesn't feel good from forever on now. Jadon has said it ever since the girls came. Its his way of getting attention.
Oh I'm so glad that you are free of one baby, at least. It gives you a little relief and some piece of mind for sure! I hope everyone gets feeling better and soon!
I remember being in the hospital one night with Gabe when he had RSV and he totally puked all over everywhere and all over me too. I had to have the nurse come in and change all the bedding for both of us and then take a shower. Not fun at all!!! Uhhggg. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. I think you are doing a great job and am so impressed by you! You'll get through the sickies!!!
Glad to hear everything worked out at the hearing. Will you do more fostering, later on?
You are so strong! Wow! I bet 2 kids is going to seem so easy once everybody is well again. It is so hard being a Mom when your kids are sick and up all night. You can do it!
WOW - you DIDN'T cry! You are much tougher than me! I BAWL my eyes out each time a foster baby leaves! I hope things are better for you now and you can enjoy the two you have!
Post a Comment