Sorry I had to go private on you all!
So far...
Lil's Grandma was a "no show" at our visit yesterday. She cancelled the visit the week before and two weeks before that. She's cacelled visits more than showed. Interesting....
Apparantly I slipped up and mentioned that the SW had filed for termination, to the Grandma. I guess I lit a fire. I didn't even know that she didn't know. Boy, do I have a lot to learn about this system and how SW play their cards. By me saying that, she told her daughter and son-in-law and that is why they are so gungho about getting involved in all the services all of the sudden.
With that said, after the May hearing the Judge will most likely tell the BP that they have 6 mo of services to do. But, we'll be going to court before then for the termination hearing. The SW is thinking that is will be Sept or Oct.
The birth parents are pulling out all of stops lately. If Lil has a red mark on her bum, they report it as a nasty diaper rash. They've been complaining that her nose has been crusty too. Hello...she's teething!
Coincendentaly, Lil just got a diaper rash a few days ago (we think from peaches) so I had the SW come over and look at it this morning before Lil's visit.
It makes me sad that we have to watch our every move for the next 6 mo or so. I am motivated to keep my house clean incase the GA stops over for an unexpected visit, which she did the other day. The last time she was here my house was in dissaray, very cluttered, I was in my robe & I still had Rose. Needless to say, it wasn't a good impression on her.
So, she decided to come by unannouced the other day. Thankfully, I was supposed to have playgroup at my house that morning and had cleaned so well the night before. So, she saw a much cleaner house and I was dressed and not so frazzled.
That's about all I can say for now. This really sucks and I hate going through this crap. I can't wait if/when this is all over and Lil's OUR daughter for good.
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Update...
at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Man, that sounds like a pain! I guess if we EVER get a foster kid, I might also write about him/her only on a private blog. I would still probably keep my regular blog, for those other stories. Good luck with everything, and I hope you get to keep your daughter
I'm sorry and this really sucks. I will keep praying for you because you guys are good parents and take so much better care of her than her biological parents and grandma did it's too bad they had to stoop so low but on the other hand Renee that also tells me that they feel threatened by you and Vince they know they couldn't keep her and that they lost her pretty easily it sounds like that they have to go to such lengths to "find" something to nail you for. I really hope it works out for you guys sweetie. Hang in there!!!
Oh Renee, what a pain in the neck! I was telling my sister that if any of us parents had unexpected social workers, etc. show up, they could want to take our kids away for being "normal" but I guess when you have to deal with the system you have to step it up and be better than normal. I know you're great!! And I wish you didn't have to deal with all the accusations! That is just so stupid and wrong. Good luck with it all though! Love, Kalia
Post a Comment