CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Apricot Chicken & other stuff.

I haven't posted a recipe in quite some time! I was pretty good at posting new things a while back, but just fell behind when our previous foster baby joined our lives.

Tonight, I made a slow-cooker meal: Saucy Apricot Chicken (Sorry no picture)
We all ready enjoyed it and I will make this again!

This is from Taste of Home 5-Ingredient cookbook. Thanks to my sister who's lending it to me.

Ingredients:
6 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs)
2 jars (12 oz each) apricot preserves
1 envelope onion soup mix
Hot cooked rice

Place chicken in a slow cooker. Combine the preserves and soup mix; spoon over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings


Random thoughts:

Lots going on and lots of stress!
Can't wait for the sun to really start coming out.
Playdough has made good entertainment for Bug.
Getting all the pw together to mail out this week for a Short Sale.
Hoping to have house on market by this weekend or beginning of next week.
I have one purple bulb that has bloomed.
Older brother is graduation from college in 3 weeks.
Family coming into town in 3 weeks.
Going to be a new aunt in November!
Tired of loud kids!
Started putting boxes in storage unit.
NEED BOXES!
Hubby's truck is finally working!
Will be making lots of dump trips this weekend!
Will have a clean porch soon.

Lil Update:

Birth parents were served termination papers last week. Now they are going to try to convince the judge to remove Lil. Not likely! It will be a long battle, but hopefully we can procede to the termination hearing this Fall.
There's drama going on w/Lil's maternal gma. That's all I'll say right now.
I am seeing and feeling the manipulation factors! She has agreed to go to twice a month visits, so no visit w/her this week!
Lil's case has added an extreme amt of stress in my life! I am trying to deal w/it the best I can. My poor husband, is all I can say.

There is a lot going on in our lives right now. I have to keep reminding myself that this will be a small moment.

6 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

I think of you alot. I sure hope everything works out. Lil fits in perfectly with your little family. she is SO SO SO cute!

Kalia said...

Oh, Renee, I'm hoping everything goes smoothly for you in all aspects of your life right now. I think one of the hardest things in life is waiting (to sell, to adopt, to buy, etc.) because there's nothing you can do to force time to pass, but keep enduring, keep yourself busy, and enjoy your little family! We'll keep you guys in our prayers! Love, Kalia

Becky said...

Good luck with everything - - we will pray that all will turn out right with your little girl, the birth parents, etc . . .

Sounds like you have lots going on!!

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for you guys. The gma probably has a lot of mixed feelings on the issue. That would be a hard position to be in.

What a wild ride life is eh?
You're doing great Renee. Love you!

Stephani said...

Hey, thanks for the invite, I'm so sorry there's so much going on that's bringing you such stress, you are amazing that you handle all this and work to keep the mindset that it's "all a small moment". I so hope all works out with Lil...You will be in my constant prayers. And hope all works out with selling the house too and that life can settle down for you. That recipe sounds great btw, I'm going to have to try that one. :)

Kalia said...

How are you all? I check your blog like 20 times a day. Maybe I should get my own life, eh? ;-) Anyway, I think about you guys a lot!! Hope all is well!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin