Well I finally finished my last day of working on Friday. They treated us well. They had a goodbye ceremony w/yummy treats. I said by goodbye's and some see you later's. It's weird to say the least.
So, I need some support from my peeps! While I'm in the spot that I've dreamed since we brought Dom home from the hospital, I feel bad making Vince work twice as hard. So, we're discussing several options for him.
1. Get a 2nd part-time job back @ Lumbermans
2. Get a 2nd part-time job somewhere else.
3. Work two jobs while still trying to get on w/Corrections.
4. Go back to school & work full-time, while living on some loans.
There are just a lot of questions at this point. Vince says that he does support my decision to stay at home, but I wonder just how much.
So, while I'm really happy to finally be able to stay-at-home w/my Dom, I feel guilty for forcing Vince to get something better. And we won't see him much anymore.
What do you think? I could really use some positive input.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
March
(22)
- We have internet again!
- No internet!
- A couple additions
- Is it March or January?
- Clinique Makeover
- Idol Chat
- Happy Easter!
- Yard Work!
- Easter Egg Hunt for playgroup
- Big Horn Show
- A colorful day!
- First Play Group Postponed.......
- 1st as a stay at home Mom...
- A little stressed....
- The last two days...
- The Verdict is in...
- Job Hunting...
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
- Rewarded For Good Behavior!
- Loads of Laundry
- Dedicated to Dave & Wendy..
- Feeling Pretty Good!
-
▼
March
(22)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Sunday, March 16, 2008
A little stressed....
at 3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
If you really believe that your decision is the right one, the one that God wants you to make, then you've got to exercise faith by continuing to call on him. You've got to tell him that you are trying to do what he has commanded, but that you can't do it unless he helps provide your husband with the kind of job he needs, or unless he helps guide you guys in the direction you need to go in order to fulfill that commandment.
I truly believe that God expects us to expect blessings from him when we are trying to do what he has asked. We have a right to. We don't have to know how he is going to answer, just that he will. Remember that Nephi said, The Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he hath commanded them.
Hang on...He won't let you down.
I love ya!
Renee I am so impressed with your decision to stay at home. My sister has struggled with this when times are hard and she could either help out financially by getting a job or her husband has worked 2 jobs and has done the school thing. I saw how the Lord blessed them to always make it. Doing the school thing in the long run gave them the opportunity to make more money so that he didn't have to work 2 jobs and could be home more with the family. Yet it was so important for them to make time for eachother during their busy times to keep their romance alive. It is definitely a tough decision that only you two can make with the Lord. Everyone's situation is different, and you need to do what is best for you and your family. I've never met someone that has regretted staying home with their children, but I have heard moms wish they didn't have to work. Whatever you decide to do I'll support you any way I can. Oh and I would love any nursery advice you have. I only have 10 kids, but I'm wondering what is the best type of structure. We have an hour of free play, snack and lesson with songs and stories thrown in whenever. Did you find a way that worked for you?
Thanks for your comments guys. I know this has to work out for us.
Sometimes the Lord just keeps asking for more faith. More than seems possible, but he always provides. I keep feeling like I should be doing something to help out, but just when I feel like we aren't going to make it, we get our tax refund, or an unexpected scholarship, or onetime my aunt just sent us $100 as a thank you for letting her stay at my house while in town.
I think you are doing the best thing ever for your family. It is wonderful for Dominic, and sometimes husbands need to be pushed a little with finances to truly become the best man they can be.
One last idea...is there any type of job you could do while staying at home? One of my friends suggested this to me and I am looking into it. It is called Kindermusik (google it), they teach songs to kids and parents. You could enrich Dominic's life and your financial situation at the same time. It doesn't look too hard to certify and parents are willing to pay a pretty high price because it supposedly helps their children's development so much. You are very musical, I bet you would be great at it. Just an idea!
Good luck Renee! We will be praying for you!
Thanks for the congrats. I hope everything is working out for you now. I'm not done till August 2, but I am completely ready for it to be over. I'm sure you've had that feeling before. Anyway I hope you are having a fantastic week, and that you can do something for yourself since you work 24/7 as a great mom.
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Post a Comment