Today we had a Dr appt for BR (baby). I had to go w/Dom and BR by myself! Not a good idea for future reference. So we got there and the receptionist said that our appt wasn't until Halloween. I said that's not right; I called from the hospital yesterday to get her in today. They were still able to get her seen. She weighs 5lbs 3 oz, so she lost about 9 oz since birth. She has some jaundice so we had to go to the hospital to get her blood drawn to see how high her score was. That took a while, but the results finally came back and her score was 13.5. They want to see her again tomorrow for another weight check and another blood draw since she' only 3 days old and the score was a little high. I have to be at the hospital by 9 am! SUCK! I WILL be tired tomorrow.
So far she is a great baby! She sleeps a lot and eats frequently. I forgot how many times a newborn has to have their diaper changed. She loves to be held and loves to cuddle into my neck.
When she cries she sounds like a little mouse. Jandre was cracking up tonight every time I changed her because of her cry.
Tomorrow I get to go shopping with a clothing voucher for some clothes for BR! Yea, who doesn't love shopping for free?! We are going to Baby Depot. They have a huge preemie section so I can her some smaller outfits for now.
I bought her some new binkies tonight and she likes them.
Life is blissful at this moment, despite how tired and cranky I am during the day. I was feeding her early this morning, smiling to myself thinking how wonderful this is! I am so happy!!!!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Update
at 12:17 AM
Labels: Foster-Adopt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm so glad that you got to take her to the doctor today! Sorry that I'm such a bad friend and haven't seen you. I just don't want to get you and the little ones sick too. Have fun shopping for little cutie tomorrow! Wish I could be there--I'll be there in spirit for you :) Good luck with the whole jaundice...I don't know if Dom had it but Eve did...I don't think it will be too bad? Hopefully you'll get to keep your little angel this time! Best of luck. Love you lots! (Will you be at church on Sunday cause I can't wait to see you and her...don't worry, I'll keep my distance)
OH I pray that things work out for you. You sound so happy when you have a little baby in your arms to hold. I know just how fun it is to take kids to the doctor. Can you imagine taking all 4 at once? That was a challenge when I did it. But you will get used to it. Do you have my email address still? I want to see pictures of her.
I'm glad you're happy, and enjoying the newborn stage. Tiny babies are so sweet! Atley was small like that when he was born, and they are like little dolls! She's a darling! I'm excited to see how she looks when she gets out of her newborn stage! They change so much and their personalities start showing more! But they're darling so small and pink, too! How fun!
What precious moments you get to enjoy with your sweet new baby. The hospital/jaundice thing is not so fun, but hopefully it will pass quickly!
Congratulations - - I will pray that things will work out! You are amazing!
I am so happy for you to be having this experience right now. I pray that things may work out for you. I am in the same boat right now with the lack of sleep and the multiple diapers. It's amazing how much poop can come out of a little baby :) Keep the updates coming. Love ya!
~Mandy
Post a Comment