Well my life has drastcally changed since we got Angel back. Today is the 5th day we've had her back. I feel like a ping pong ball all day long. If she doesn't need something then Dom does and visa versa. I am NOT complaining though. We are just loving every moment w/ Angel. Dom and Angel are both sleeping right now, thank goodness. They both go to bed at the same time every night so I like that.
Angel seems to be extremely fussy when she's tired. I am not sure if it's gas or just her? We are finally starting to bond too. Wed and Thurs she wouldn't let us hold her against us. She liked to face forward, but that was it. She hated the swing but doesn't mind the bouncer. Well since Friday and on she let's us hold her against us and is getting more fond of cuddling. I makes me wonder if she was cuddled before or did they just lay her down in her bed? She loves to just be laid down in her crib when she's tired. The tricky part is putting her to sleep during the day if I'm out and about. Well, money well spent on my Moby Wrap!!!! I am so grateful I bought it. I put her in it to try to get her to sleep yesterday and it worked! Then today we were at my parents and same story w/the nap situation; i put on my wrap and she slept against me for 4 hrs straight! I even had to pee w/her on me. Not impossible, but tricky. It has taken me some time to learn how to properly use the wrap, but I think I have it down now.
I do feel bad because my time w/Dom has drastically dropped, but he has had more Daddy time which I am happy about. He is doing pretty good w/ Angel. He asks where she is every morning and when she went to visit her BM on Fri, he asked "Where baby go". So I am very grateful to Vince for helping out so much lately. I even got some extra sleep this weekend as Vince took one of the feeding times (pros to bottle feeding).
I guess that's all for now.
We are so happy to have our little Angel back w/us. We are praying every day she stays w/us.
Thank you for all your prayers and support!
Any suggestions on the fussy part?
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Big Changes
at 8:40 PM
Labels: Foster-Adopt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
email me pics please!
Congratulations Renee'!! I am so glad you got her back- we will pray that you will get to keep her. In the mean time, you were meant to be a part of her life, whether long term or short term. For the fussy part- have you tried simethicone drops (Mylicon)? They are safe for even new borns and always helped my kids with gas problems. Lillian had a reflux problem, even though she didn't spit up- she just got acid in her throught making her really fussy. The Mylicone drops didn't work, and I realized that she was happier sitting up and fussed mostly when she was flat on her back (making the acid go to her through easier). We had to have her sleep on an incline. Thats about all I have to offer on the subject - - I don't think I have had a truly colicy baby, so it is hard to know. Anyway- good luck- and don't feel bad if you feel worn out and frustrated sometimes having two children around! Even though I would not have it ANY other way, or give up any of my children- - I still get tired and frustrated being at home with small children.
You can try Gripe Water and see if that helps. I got some from my sistr in law in California, but I did see some at Super 1 Foods up on 29th Ave in the Medication area, near the GAS X. It says it is for colic. I read about what some dr's say causes colic, and they said that it is from being overly stimulated through out the day. some babies just have a hard time digesting all the added stimulation that they receive through the day. colic symtoms usually happen at the end of the day for most babies. I will try and send you the information that I found by email to you.
I am sorry that things have been crazy with the two. I totally know what you are going through.
Yeah, being a mom of 2 is a trip. I love it too, but there is a lot of juggling, stress, and busy-ness that goes on. Silas gets fussy when he is tired too, and he'll be driving me nuts till I realize he's probably tired and then put him down. But, he goes to sleep and wakes up happier. If it's gas, I don't know anything about it, but good luck. Sometimes babies just fuss, Silas is getting attached to me to the point of always wanting to be in my arms, so he fusses all the time when I put him down. By the way, I think your Angel looks a lot like my Silas! It hit me right after emailing you the other day. Funny!
Renee'
How exciting for you and Vince!
Beth has used Mylicon and Gripe Water with Ender. They both really helped. We get Gripe Water at Target. She also used a sleep positioner (Toys'rUs) that was like a small wedge and kept him at a slight angle to help with air-in-tummy and regurgitation.
Enjoy your babies!
Sharalyn
We try gripe water. I think it helps. My baby can be pretty fussy too. Don't feel bad about Dom...every mom that I know says the same thing when they have their second child. I'm a second child as are you and we turned out okay right??? :D
Yesterday I held the baby for about an hour while I tried to make dinner because he wouldn't lay down. It was kinda crazy. It's tough having a little baby. You don't get much done around the house that's for sure. I still feel like I am trying to adjust to the lack of sleep and everything. So I understand how you feel :)
I'm trying to make myself relax though and just enjoy holding him and spending time watching him grow.
I am so glad for you Renee. You are an angel yourself. Love you!
Post a Comment