Well things are going good for our new addition. She is a great baby! Not really any signs of withdrawl, except tremors for the first few days. It seems to have gone away.
Instead of BR, we will call her Rose.
Last night was a little rough. She woke every 3 hrs to eat instead of sleeping from 1am to 6am. After I fed her @ 2am she was not settling very well and tested out her vocals to the max! She was so loud!!!! I was soooooooo tired and it was really difficult to wake myself up. So I finally got up and just held her for a while. She settled down right away and then I was able to lay her down until the next feeding.
She was weighed again yesterday and gained 1 oz. She is 5 lbs 4 oz now, but very healthy. The jaundice has subsided quite a bit. She is not yellow anymore, but just the newborn pink.
Visits will be starting up soon w/her BM & BD. I am not looking forward to that. They are more frequent and longer than I had hoped too.
She loves being curled up in my Moby Wrap. It's so fun to carry her like that.
Dominic has been really good w/her. Since he's learned to open his door he wakes up extremely early and comes upstairs. We put him back to bed and he usually comes up once more. I have been locking him in his room when he's really awake and just letting him play. That allows me to sleep a little while Rose is sleeping and keep Bug occupied.
I bought Rose a pumpkin costume today and a onsie that glows in the dark. I can't wait for Friday. It should be a fun evening!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
She Has LUNGS!
at 3:49 PM
Labels: Dominic, Foster-Adopt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those first few months of no sleep are so difficult! Hang in there! Glad to hear she's gaining weight! She's still so small, but any weight gain is a good sign. Keep up the great work!
I was blog surfing today and found yours! I'm so excited for you guys! Dominic is getting so big!
Hey Renee...I am really interested in this whole experience. Would you be willing to write about what visits with BM & BD are like and how they affect you guys, the baby, and the birth parents? How does that all work out?
Post a Comment