Here's another recipe from my Ground Beef cookbook. It was good. I used instant potatoes again, but it made way too much. It asks for 5 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes, but I would try maybe 3 1/2-4 cups instead.
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
3 bacon strips, diced
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tomato sauce
1 can (2 1/4 oz) chopped ripe olives, drained
5 1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared w/out milk and butter)
2 eggs, beaten
2 T butter or margarine, softened
1 T minced fresh cilantro or parsley
1/3 tsp salt
Additional butter or margarine, melted
Directions:
In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon, onion, garlic and oregano until bacon is crisp. Stir in tomatoe sauce, olives and beef. Simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine mashed potatoes, eggs, butter cilantro and salt; mix well. Spread half of the potato mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with beef mixture and remaining potato mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Brush w/melted butter. Bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Yield:6-8 servings.

2 comments:
Mmm, we like shepherd's pie in our house, but we've never had it with these particular ingredients, we're going to have to try it. I especially like the sound of the bacon pieces, yummy.
That looks yummy. I will have to try it. You are great the way you try new recipies and share. Thank you! I hope you are doing well. I think about you often and love being able to catch up on the blog.
Loves,
Mandy
Post a Comment