CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Misc/Mommy Post

Wow I didn't realize that it's been like a week and half since I last posted! For me that's a long time.
Okay, we finally got a washer from craig's list (for free)! It works fine, just the top agitator doesn't work w/large loads. So I bought an $8 part for it and hopefully that will do the trick. It's extra large capacity too.

A couple of my friends recently had babies, so that's been fun. I haven't made it to see one them yet, sorry Edra. Jandre brings her baby home tomorrow. I found out that another friend just found out she's pg and I'm so excited for her!

My newest friend who moved into our ward lives a couple blocks from me. We hang out just about every day!

I have to make time to continue the laundry, clean the house and keep up the dishes and kitchen. So far I'm managing.

I started to cut down our rose bush and will really cut it down next Spring. I also trimmed our tree in the front yard. The branches were really low!!!! It's nice to walk to the door w/out dodging a branch.

I will stop my rambling for now. Just some random stuff I wanted to post.

Mommy Post:
Some frustrating days lately w/nap time and bed time. Dom has started to hit me when I pick him up to put him down for a nap/bedtime. He just wants to play all the time. I am not going to let my 2 yr old tell me when HE wants to go to bed. He's still so young and needs to listen to me. So he fights me pretty good. Any tips? I read to him before bed time too, and tonight he was such a pill after I read to him & tucked him in that I threatened I wouldn't read to him anymore if he was going to act like that.
Over all he's good during the day. Happy and full of mischief! I bought him a new sippy cup w/a straw, in hopes that it will be easier to hand wash. So far so good and he drinks the Pedia sure a lot quicker through the straw.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like you've had lots of fun stuff going on lately. Who doesn't like to see newborn babies and make new friends? As far as the bedtime battles go, just know that lots of other moms are right there with you. I have 2 little boys but no words of wisdom. I just take one day at a time and try to maintain a little patience. No articles or books have been very helpful with my 2 year old. But, all phases pass!

Brianne said...

When Jayni was younger I would constantly put her back into bed when she'd get up. Then we decided to put a gate at her bedroom door so she couldn't escape. I just started doing it again since Mason is getting out of bed now. I let him wear himself out and then eventually he climbs into bed or falls asleep on the floor. I personally have found this method easier than having to constantly put him back to bed. Mason will fall asleep quicker too when it's on his own time. Hope this helps!!

Becky said...

I am DEFINITELY not the one to talk to about naps. Cynthia especially was hard- she stopped at about 2 1/2. Nothing I did could get her to actually go to sleep - - so I went to the next best thing, and put her to bed early. I actually almost preferred the earlier bed time.

meggiejo said...

Hey there Renee,

Thought I might say hi as I see you have been following our blog. I see you have your hands full as you are having to deal with typical two year old behavior. From the previous posts I get the feeling that you aren't going to find the golden ticket to what you are looking for. Each child is different and unique and therefore requires unique attention fashioned especially for him. I can say however that hitting can be faze that you can quickly remedy if you let him know if your own firm way that it is not acceptable, every time it happens. Anyway, I will be back to read of your adventures as the weeks go by so keep up the writing and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bryce

Blog Widget by LinkWithin