CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Potato-Topped Chili Loaf

Yes I am posting a recipe again. Sorry I've slacked this summer. Well this was REALLY GOOD! It surprised me how yummy it is. There are green chilies in the meat loaf and it totally took away the meat taste! Vince loved it. It made a lot for just the two of us and left us with lots and lots of leftovers. Please try this one out; it's good! I think it's fairly cheap too.


Ingredients:
1 egg
3 T milk
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies (diced will work too)
1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
4 1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
3 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared w/milk and butter; I just used Instant Potatoes)
1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn, drained (I used a regular can of corn)
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 to 1 cup shredded Mexican-cheese blend or cheddar cheese


Instructions:

In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9 in. square baking dish that's okay for broiling. Bake uncovered @ 375 degrees for 30 min. or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
In a bowl, combine the potatoes, corn and onions; mix well. Spread over meat loaf. Sprinkle w/cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 min or until lightly browned.

Yield: 6 servings.

2 comments:

Stephani said...

yum, I will have to try that one.

Renee' P said...

Please do!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin