CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

BBQ Cups!

Yesterday morning when I went to get Dominic up, he was standing up with his pj's 1/2way unzipped, and his "man part" was showing! My first thought was that something is missing here? Then I was like, "where is your diaper?" He just stood there and said "um". Then I realize that his diaper is half on/half off and filled w/poop! I am lucky that he didn't play in it, but I decided to give him a bath nonetheless.
This morning I went to get him up and he had thrown everything from his crib onto the floor and was jumping up and down! He also tried to take apart his humidifier. That little monkey!

Since being at home, I am losing track of what day it is very frequently! Which is easy to do because it's the same drill everyday. Oh, I'm not complaining at all!

Did anyone watch Idol last night? It was pretty good! Loved David Cook, David A the best. I didn't care for Carly's performance too much and Michael Johns' was good.
I voted for the first time last night. I have the top five pegged as:
David Cook,
David A.
Carly
Michael Johns
Brooke White

Last night I made BBQ Cups for dinner. I love, love, love this recipe, but it's hard to get the biscuits to stay in the muffin pan.
Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it.

1 lb of Hamburger
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
2 T brown sugar
1 T minced onion
1 cup biscuits - I used pre-made biscuits, but you can do homemade instead
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef and drain off fat.
Add BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and onion.

Separate dough into biscuits; place each biscuit into ungreased muffin pan, pressing the dough up the sides.

Spoon meat into dough in muffin pan.

Bake @ 400 degrees for 10-15 min, until brown.

Sprinkle w/cheese and heat for 2-3 minutes longer.

Variations:
You can put the mixture into totillas instead of the biscuits.
Any kind of BBQ sauce will work.

5 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

That is so funny about Dom and finding him that first morning. LOL And I have tried your BBQ cups before. I must have gotten a copy of the recipe back in 2003 when we first met, and Kathy and I came to visit when you moved into Pines Ward. I do have to agree that it is hard to keep the buscuts in the tins.

Josh n Betsie said...

you are lucky he didn't make a mess with that diaper. I would have freaked out. Boys are so much fun and keep you so busy. But we couldn't ever live without them could we?

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Bestsie! Thanks for commenting!

Mikaela said...

Those BBQ cups sound good. It's something McKay would like too...I'm gonna have to try those! I like that you're back online w/ the internet, and that you're having fun staying home with Dominic. He's a lucky little guy to have great parents!

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

I love your story about Dominic. I guess the stories just get better and better the older they get! Lucy is so obsessed with taking her diaper off. I can't leave her without a onesie on or the next second those little fingers start working on the tabs.

Thanks for the recipe too, I am excited to try it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin