I took some really cute pics. of Dominic and Logan at the Play area @ the mall. They had so much fun and Logan liked the camera way more than Dom did. I did manage to get one "good" picture of Dom right before I gave up.
Dominic on the slide
Dominic's going tummy-side.
Logan smiling for the camera!
Dominic finally smiled for the camera!
Friday night I tried a new recipe. It's really easy and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. This was a big hit with Vince and Dominic and we had leftovers for Vince. Give it a try if you'd like. It's cheep too!
Beef Taco Skillet:
1 lb of ground beef
1 can tomoato soup
8 tortillas (6 inch)
1 cup Chunky Salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup water
Cook up beef & drain off fat
add soup, salsa, water, and tortillas (cut into 1 inch pieces)
Heat to boiling and add 1/2 cup cheese
Cover and reduce heat to low for 5 min
cover w/remaining cheese and enjoy!
This is the picture from the book.
This is what mine looked like.
Today was Conference and we had the pleasure of joining 4 other couples for a good breakfast and then we watched Conference. It was a little difficult considering there were 7 kids there, but I did get to listen to a few talks including President Monson's.
We didn't watch the afternoon session which my parents said there was a really good talk for Mothers. I hope to watch that one or read about it. My dad told me that during the talk the speaker mentioned that "mothers" should live for each moment. There will be bad times of course, but the good outweighs the bad. That's so true from my experience so far as a mother.
I have been thinking about when to potty-train Dominic lately. I got an email from a friend (thanks Bettsie) who told me not to force Dom to grow up too soon. I thought about this and realize that she's right. Dominic isn't ready to be potty-trained yet, and I shouldn't push him. He is afterall, my only child at the moment and who knows how long until we increase our family. I guess for that reason I do tend to baby him a little more than I should, but it's okay. He deserves to be spoiled and loved to death!! He's my little miracle that we were waiting so long for! I was putting him to bed tonight and was looking back to before we got him, and how much our lives have changed with him!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Family and Zucchini Boats
- Meet Little Lucy!
- Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart!
- Meeting Lucy!
- Flashback Friday
- Emotional day!
- Track Meet
- I'm Cayenne Pepper!
- What it must have been like?
- Meal Planning
- Big Boy!
- Flashback Friday
- Pizza Bites and Beef Glazed Meat Loaf
- My First Baby!
- I'm soooo bored.
- The Weekend...
- "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...."
- Fun in the Sun!
- BBQ Cups!
-
▼
April
(19)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Sunday, April 6, 2008
The Weekend...
at 6:00 PM
Labels: Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love the receipe, and I love your refection on before Dom came. I do that all the time with my Bug. At the end of the day when we have our cuddle time and he is falling alseep, he looks so peaceful and sweet and all the stresses from the day melt away and it is just him and me. It makes me smile.
You are a great mom. We did get the elmo potty movie and jadon watched it the whole way down to memphis. He was only 2 then and I thought we would train him when we got here. So a year later it is finally happening. So more words of advice from me. Start slowly and see what he thinks. Maybe even get him a training toilet and let him choose it.
Good advice Betsie. Thank you.
Post a Comment