CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pizza Bites and Beef Glazed Meat Loaf

For those of you who didn't get the Pizza Bites' recipe from Mary's blog, then here you go. I gave it a whirl and they are fantastic! I made 27 in 45 minutes last night.
I put 3 in Vince's lunch for a snack today, and Dom and I had some for lunch. They are very kid friendly! So, if you'd to try these out sometime here's the recipe:

This his how mine looked!


Pizza Bites:

1 package Rhodes Rolls
1 package Favorite meat pizza topping
Mozzerella Cheese-shredded or cubed

Take Rolls out of package and let rise for 4 hours. Flatten 1 dough ball and put two slices of topping and 1 cube of cheese in center. Pinch closed and place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min. Yields about 36

This comment is from Mary:
We like to use ham or pepperoni. Try both. You could even use some sandwich meats and cheese to have some type of melt.

Use any kind of dipping sauce to make then EVEN BETTER!!!

BTW: These freeze GREAT!

This is what I made tonight. We are low on food at the moment so I've learned that meat loaf is something you can make on the lowest quantity of food. This was soooo good! I am not a fan of hamburger, but with the glaze it's fantastic!! I didn't even think abou the taste of the hamburger. I loved it! I think I will make this for guests in the future!

This was how mine turned out. First time too!

Beef Glazed Loaf:

2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
3 slices bread, cubed
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup shredded carrot (I used canned carrots and chopped them up)
2/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

In a bowl, combine milk, eggs and bread; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the cheese, carrot, onion,salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hours; drain. Combine brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over meat loaf. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Yeild :8 servings.
This fed four adults and Dominic and two slices were leftover.

2 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

I will have to make those Pizza Bites.

ABBOTTLAND said...

wow, I'm impressed Renee'. Both recipies look yummy, I'm going to try both. Go you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin