I know it's been a while, for me, since I last posted. It's been busy w/David and Wendy in town. This weekend Wendy had to fly back to SLC for her Grandpa's funeral. So, I decided to join my mom in a trip to Wapato where my grandma lives. My grandma had a fire in her house a couple weeks back and there was painting that needed to be done. I had Dom with me and watched him most of the time. The 2nd day we were there he actually took a nap so I helped paint 4 walls with the 2nd coat of paint. It was really nice to see my grandma and aunts and uncle and one of my cousins.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Dom eating peanuts
Dom and Great Grandma
Me and Dom
Me and my Grandma...See the resembalance?
This is a busy week for us. Wednesday Vince has off and we are getting family pictures w/Vince's imediate family. Then on Thursday all the great grandkids on Vince's side are getting pictures taken at JC Penny's. Saturday we are all going to Leavenworth for some fun.
Zucchini Boats-
Tonight I made Zucchini Boats for dinner. Oh, how yummy! I highly, highly recommend them!! Here's the recipe and picture from mine tonight.
Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)-(Vince and I each had 2 boats; one zucchini per person)
3/4 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 Tablespoons ketchup
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Trim the end of the zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Finely chop pulp. In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add 1/2 cup cheese, ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into the zucchini shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Yield: 4 servings
Timely Tip:
When scooping out the pulp for Zucchini Boats, a teaspoon is just the right size. Use your food processor or blender to finely chop the pulp quickly.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Family and Zucchini Boats
- Meet Little Lucy!
- Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart!
- Meeting Lucy!
- Flashback Friday
- Emotional day!
- Track Meet
- I'm Cayenne Pepper!
- What it must have been like?
- Meal Planning
- Big Boy!
- Flashback Friday
- Pizza Bites and Beef Glazed Meat Loaf
- My First Baby!
- I'm soooo bored.
- The Weekend...
- "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...."
- Fun in the Sun!
- BBQ Cups!
-
▼
April
(19)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Monday, April 28, 2008
Family and Zucchini Boats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Okay, those zuchini boats look good! I'm definately going to have to make those this summer when the zuchini comes on!
You really do look like your grandma! I'm glad you got to get away for a few days and be with family. It's so nice to have a break from the norm sometimes!
Yes the zuchini boats look good. and you sure do look like your grandma!
My kids would not touch it but I think it looks so good. I love zucchini. I'll have to try it! Thanks for posting it. Lori
Post a Comment