CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good Wednesday

Guess what? I am on my 3rd 16.9 oz of water today! I have had NO pop. I started the day w/a really bad headache. I did have to take Midol which has caffeine in it, but no pop. I am surprised at myself for drinking that much water and I feel pretty good. I almost had a little drink of soda after dinner, but grabbed a water bottle instead.

Lately I have really been trying to organize my home better starting w/Dom's room and the living room. I've been making him pick up his toys every night. Of course I help him. It really doesn't take more than 2-3 mins. It's working! He loves routines & this is a new one for him. He's really good and picking his toys up. I think he's doing better at not getting all of his toys out at once, so there's less of a mess.
I find that I am much more relaxed at night when the living room is picked up.

Back to the organizing part. I really like things organized. Right now I have all of Bug's toys w/wheels in one place, all the little people in a box and so on. Some of my friends are telling me that this will never work. But, my mind is thinking that it will be easier for Dom to put things away if knows exactly what goes where. Like asking him to put the cars away, then he'll go to car basket and put them away. I guess we'll see how this works.

So, I am coming out of the clouds from the last few days and looking forward to Spring. I have a lot of organizing ideas for our home, but need $$ to do most of it.
That will come soon, hopefully!

3 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

I love to organize too. And you really don't need to spend tons of money. I love to try and get creative with the stuff I have already, like buckets, and boxes. From time to time I go throw what I have and move things around to see if the storage system works better in a new way.

And you helping Dom organize things is GOOD! It works too. Bug knows where things are to go when I ask him to pick up his toys at the end of the day too. As Dom gets older you can start asking for his imput on where he wants to store his own toys, or you could even ask him now if you think he will understand. Routines are ALWAYS GOOD for kids. They feel safe and know what is expected, no surprises to scare them.

Heather said...

I have found that it is really hard to live in a small space and not be organized. I have also found that my kids like it and with help can figure out what toys go where. It also is helpful to them to be organized so that their toys are all in one spot. Like Jaynee's snappy babies, they all go in one bucket and when she plays with them, more than not she will only get out this one bucket and not dump everything out to search for all her things. Now don't get me wrong she is still queen of the messes but I really think it helps. Good luck with all your goals!!!!!

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

I am sooooo proud of you for picking up the water and putting the pop down. That is really awesome and can be such a hard thing to put down. I think you will start to feel really good, putting so much more water in your system. I am trying to think of good, healthy, cheap snacks for you, but I haven't thought of any really great things yet. Trail mix is good, I think it is a lot cheaper if you make it homemade (but I really shouldn't be talking because I haven't tried to make it home made.) I let you know if I have any other ideas.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin