Oh my goodness. So last night we experienced our first lock-out w/Dominic. No sooner than I stepped out of his room, he shut the door and locked it from the inside. I had no idea that there was a lock inside the room. So, he was very frantic and very upset and after about 10 min. we finally were able to get in. Vince had to take off the whole handle. Dominic was very frightened and I consoled him.
Lessen learned: Make sure that all your doors w/locks are child-proofed!!
This scared me not being able to get to Dominic.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Good Wednesday
- Tear Ducts are open
- Precious times w/Daddy!
- Tubby Time!
- Thanks!
- Need to vent!!
- Fun Weekend!
- Locked Out!
- AHHHHHHHHHHH my Energy Bill is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!
- Dom & Buddy Logan
- I think he likes Lassana?
- Tagged again...This one's about me...
- ABC Tag
- New Table/Chairs for Bug
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- My True Color...There were only four to choose from
- Fettuccini Alfredo!!!
- Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
- Pendergrass Look-a-like Meter
- Belated Birthday pics from Dom & my birthday
- Girls Night!!
- Snow pics finally!
- It's the age, or so I'm told...
- Which austen heroine are you?
-
▼
February
(24)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Locked Out!
at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This happened to us with a bathroom once! I could hear Marcus (as a little 2 year old) getting into the toilet . . . Luckily all we had to do was find a nail and stick it in the door knob hole to unlock it. It does get your heart going! A great story is a friend of mine here in Sunnyside who's two year old did that in their car, while the car was running. She had walked into her daughter's pre-school for a split second, leaving her two year old in the car. He promptly locked the doors and refused to unlock them, even with his mom, the pre-school teacher, and any other adult nearby trying to coax him. Finally after about 1/2 an hour she called her husband who came and as soon as the little boy saw his dad, he unlocked the doors! My friend was so embarassed!
This sounds so scary and miserable. It reminds me of a story my Mom told me except it was the other way around. She said I was about 15 months old and she was six months pregnant and locked herself out with me still in the house. She couldn't bust open a window and climb in being so pregnant, so through the window she taught me how to push the chair over to the door climb up and unlock the door for her. She said it was heartbreaking to teach me how to do that because I was always trying to get out and run away, but she couldn't think of anything else to do!
One of my random paranoid fears is that we will have an earthquake (since they are always talking about how Utah is overdue for one) while Lucy is taking a nap and the pathway to get to her will be blocked and she will just be crying, frightened with me trying to get to her. Wouldn't that be the worst!
This does happen. I don't think Bug has done it yet....but I do remember one of the little girls that I was a nanny for doing this to me while I was watching her. I was freaked...but she was fine. LOL. I told her parents about it when they came home and they changed locks on the door.
Post a Comment