We got a letter from Avista today saying they are hiking up our comfort level billing amt from $117 to $250 per mo! Who has that kind of $$$? We don't. I just don't know what we are going to do! I called Avista tonight and basically was told SOL! The lady recommended that we see if we qualify for any energy assitance programs. I bet we don't because we didn't even qualify for the Earned Income Credit for our taxes. We are middle working class family and that just doesn't cut it.
Our balance w/Avista right now is over $1000. I can't believe it. Our house has a lot of leaks & we have a lot of work to do this year to winterize for next year. This sucks. There is no heat coming from the vent in the bathroom or upstairs in our bedroom. Something is wrong w/the vents underneath the house.
Vince can only do so much..
Our charges for February were $463.00!!! For this little house!! During the day the heat is set for 64-68. But then when I'm home in the evening I turn it up, because it's freezing!
Does the church help out w/things like this?
HELP!!!!!!
We're going down to one income in 3 1/2 wks.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(188)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Good Wednesday
- Tear Ducts are open
- Precious times w/Daddy!
- Tubby Time!
- Thanks!
- Need to vent!!
- Fun Weekend!
- Locked Out!
- AHHHHHHHHHHH my Energy Bill is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!
- Dom & Buddy Logan
- I think he likes Lassana?
- Tagged again...This one's about me...
- ABC Tag
- New Table/Chairs for Bug
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- My True Color...There were only four to choose from
- Fettuccini Alfredo!!!
- Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
- Pendergrass Look-a-like Meter
- Belated Birthday pics from Dom & my birthday
- Girls Night!!
- Snow pics finally!
- It's the age, or so I'm told...
- Which austen heroine are you?
-
▼
February
(24)
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
AHHHHHHHHHHH my Energy Bill is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! I just read this post and I went and talked to Bryan to see if he could take a look at the vents, and maybe help with some repairs to stop the leaks (heat leaks). He was very open to taking a look at your vents and possibly helping you guys out with some repairs. We had problem with some of our vents in our house too and he worked on them and things have improved here. So...I will give you a call tonight and see when we could have Bryan stop by and take a look if you want. What do you think?
The one good thing is the cold months are almost over for now. Only about one more month of outrageous heat bills and hopefully we will see them drop.
My only advice is wear coats in doors and keep the heat down? David used to do that with his roommates. They were nuts. They didn't turn the heat on at all. Just wore gloves hats and coats all the time.
Wow that is outrageous. I thought our bill was expensive here in Memphis.I hope after you are done working you can qualify for the assistance. Good luck!
I had a friend once who had problems like yours- their problem was that they didn't have proper insulation in the attic, so the heat was just rising right out of the house. Have you checked that? Oh- and I still think it is worth looking into energey assistance- you never know what kind of guidlines they have.
How stressful- good luck with everything!
Post a Comment