I kinda figured that we would get to have Rose for Christmas. I was right! She will be having her visits @ the birth parent's home starting next week. The visits will be longer too. The thing I hate about that is how bad she smells of smoke when I get her back after a visit. I am just making a habbit of giving her a bath each time.
Even though I don't like it, I do want her to start to really bond w/her birth mom like she's bonded w/me. I want her to be happy in her new home. I am worried about all the little things. Like: How she sleeps only on her stomach
How will they know when she's tired and needs to be layed down
Will they be patient enough with her
Will they hold her how she likes to be held
Will she get enough to eat
You know, just all the little things that a mother knows about her baby. I know Rose SO well! Her happy place is in my Moby wrap with her head burried in my chest. I love it.
The next court date is January 6th. She will have been w/us for 2 1/2 months then.
I am planning a week long trip to go see my sister-in-law, brother and niece and nephew. I haven't seen them since July! I am very excited to go! If we still have Rose, we will have to get the Judge's permission for me to take her along. I kinda hope that we don't have her so I can relax! I do miss just having Bug all to myself during the days!
I will post some pics soon. Rose is continuing to grow! I bought her a beautiful, green xmas dress tonight! We are going to see Santa tomorrow (or today seeing as how late it is) and getting pictures of the kids.
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Rose for Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Having those concerns is normal and I am sure that it will be hard for Rose and her Birthmother at first but they will work it out. Maybe you can meet up with the Birthmother and talk to her about all the things you have learned about Rose. I am not sure if I would be able to do that, but you are such a sweet person and amazing to care for Rose so much even though you know she will not stay permanetly. Amazing. You are so strong.
Can't wait to see the pictures of the kids with Santa!
I hope it all works out the best for Rose. As hard as it all is for you! But for you to do this is amazing and a huge inspiration to me! Good luck and maybe we can come up and see you guys when you are seeing Mary and Eric!
Post a Comment