I watched Home for the Holidays last night on CBS. It's a Christmas production put on to encourage people to adopt foster children (mainly the older ones). It started in 1999 by the founder of Wendy's. Did you know that Faith Hill was adopted? And so many other stars too! They shared a few adoption stories for some families.
I cried the whole show! I cried because Bug came to us this way. I cried for the future loss of Rose. I cried for the yearning of our next child to adopt.
See, we want to adopt children in the fostercare system, but not the older ones. Everyone usually wants a baby, like us. There are SO many older children who are free for adoption just waiting for a family, in the fostercare system.
Here is one story I just loved:
This boy was in foster care for years and years. He moved from foster home to foster home and never got adopted. He gratuated from high school and went to college and got married. They decided that they wanted to adopt a child. They became licensed foster parents. One night they received a call from a SW saying they had a baby boy in the hospital, severally abused, who needed a home. They picked him up and later adopted him.
I hope and pray that our future child/ren come to us soon. We are waiting with open arms!

0 comments:
Post a Comment