CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2 months and 3 days old





I can't believe Rose is already 2 months old! She is still a petite little angel, but growing constantly.
She's been sleeping through the night for a while (7 hrs).
Her visits last week were all cancelled due to the snow, so she's at a visit right now. What a nice xmas gift for her parents to see her on Christmas Eve.
I just found out that she will be w/us even longer than I thought. The SW is being so kind and is going to get a court order so Rose can come w/me to Idaho Falls next month. Sorry Mary, it's going to be a full house!
So many of you ask "isn't that hard? I could never do that!". Yes! It is extremely difficult, but not while they're with me. It's hard to give this child back to the SW, knowing that you've cared so much for them and it's because of you that they are so fat and chubby and healthy. I am so yearning for the next child/ren that come our way and hope that they will be ours for good! I just have to remind myself that we are doing a good thing for these children while they're in my care. Somewhere recently told me that we (foster parents) are laying a foundation for these children, no matter how little they are or how long they stay. They will have this feeling of a safe, secure, loving environment w/them forever! I call it their "Happy Place"!
Well I hope all the foster children have a great Christmas and know that they are loved or will be some day!

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

She is so cute! I love the new pic of Dom at the top! He is such a cutie, too!

ABBOTTLAND said...

She really has grown. You are so lucky that she is sleeping through the night. Niamh is up once a night, so not too bad. How I dream of getting a full nights sleep :)
I am so glad you can take little Rose to Idaho with you. Wish you were coming more my direction. Oh well, one day we shall meet again my friend. Miss you tons and love you. Happy New Year to you and your precious family.
~Mandy

Becky said...

What a wonderful attitude you have. It is inspiring to read your words about being a foster parent- because truly, you are right! You are doing sooo much good in the world!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin