This snow is UNBELIEVABLE! I drove in this tonight! My sister and I had planned to finish our stockings we've been slaving over. My mom made our family stockings w/stuffed bear heads many many years ago. She decided to keep them at her house now that we're all older. So, Katie and I decided to make stockings of our own & actually found this 30 yr old pattern online and ordered myself one.
So, we had to finish tonight, since xmas is next week! It just had to snow and snow, and snow! Several inches fell since I got to her apt. I went to leave @ about 12amish...I was not moving! I was so afraid that me and Rose would be stuck there all night. But, I persisted and burned rubber and finally made it out of there apts. It was one street at a time to get me home. Sullivan was plowed pretty good, but my brother-in-law didn't want me to go on that on ramp...So I turned on Broadway to get on @ the Evergreen onramp...Once I got to Evergreen I was a little scared. The road was NOT plowed and I had to really push it to get to the onramp. I thought I was fine once I got onto the freeway...well the snow was coming down hard and visibility was horible! Finally I made it to the Hamilton exit and over the bridge past Trent. Hamilton was mostly plowed, but the snow was so high in the middle it made things difficult. So I come to turn on Jackson and there was a huge pile of snow in the middle of the road from the plows and snow blocking the street itself. I had to turn left. So I gunned it and flew over the boundries!!! YEE HA! I made a quick turn around the corner to our street and had to gun it again to get into our driveway! Whew! I made it home safely.
I love driving in the snow! But, this was by far the worst I have ever driven in.
As I looked over at our car parked next to the van, snow is almost covering the tires. I opened my door and the snow was level w/the bottom of the door. Oh how I wish I had snow shoes.
Needless to say, Rose's visits are cancelled for the next couple of days and we are snowed in for the mean time. Vince is planning on getting up early to shovel and make a way out for himself. I told him not to go to work tomorrow. He works in Airway Heights!
Good luck everyone in Spokane!
Brenda, I feel so sorry for you up there on the South Hill. I guess you aren't going anywhere for a while.
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It's super bad out here in Airway Heights we are practically snowed in as well I was going to be taking a bus to my training at work ( I couldn't make it yesterday due to this crap) but we are practically snowed in as well so if Vince does make it out here please tell him to be really careful the Highway and side streets they are trying to plow but the still might be incredibly slick. Thankfully my boss is understanding and is letting me reschedule the rest of my training.
Wow! Looks like last year in Moscow!! Right now we are in all green, with oranges growing on the trees, green lawns, blooming flowers. But I think I'd prefer the snow. I like all the seasons!! Good luck being snowed in!! Glad you made it home safely!!
Oh, and I'd love to see your stockings!!!
That is so crazy! I'm glad you made it home safely, and I can't wait to see your completed stockings! We have been getting dumped on here in SLC every other day or so...but we only have about a foot on the ground. So I feel for you guys!
We are surviving up here on the South Hill. I guess offically they are saying 24 inches since 9am on Wednesday 12/18. It is crazy. Check out my blog and see my pictures I have posted!!!
Look at all that beautiful snow!! I'm jealous, all our snow keeps blowing away! Just hope it doesn't decide to melt all at once. Have a very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment