Well our sweet little Rose is almost 4 wks old. She's growing bigger every day. I am sooooooo tired! Our time w/Rose is coming to a close. We still don't know when, but it'll be soon. We've had her for almost 1 month and we pretty attached to her. It's the times when she's crying and screaming for no reason that's the hardest for me. I think she is going through withdrawls still. The tremors have stopped, but she still gets fussy for no reason (and it's not gas) and just screams bloody murder! This is the first baby we've had to deal w/withdrawls. It's not the easiest thing. She is starting to have different cries. When she's hungry her cry comes from her throat and is very strong. I just noticed today that she is getting a little whine when she wants to be held. I did find some Gripe Water @ Walgreens and it has made a huge different w/her gassiness. We have her on Isomil Similac now, which is a Soy formula. That, mixed w/the Gripe Water, makes for very peaceful moments w/Rose.
She is starting to have more awake moments every day. Last night she woke up to eat @ 1am, 3am and 7am. She's increasing her feedings to 2 oz now so she's lasting longer between feedings.
I'll keep updating every one.
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Cry Baby!
at 7:23 PM
Labels: Foster-Adopt, Newborns, Withdrawl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hang in there with the crying. I know that can be hard and frustrating at times though.
Crying babies are not my thing, so I can imagine how hard that is to deal with...especially when she's waking that often and you're tired! Oh, and soy formula is so stinky! YUCK! But I know you do what you've gotta do!
Good luck! We'll keep you all in our prayers!
Good thinking with the gripe water! I hope it helps and she'll eat a little more without "snacking" so she can be content longer. She's a lucky little girl to have such a great start in life with a loving family.
Wow!! You've been through quite the year. First with Angel and then Rose. We'll definitely keep you in our prayers to help give you strength during this time. Good idea w/the Gripe water. I'm glad you vent during the stressful, crying times. On another note, Dominic looked so cute in his costume!!
Post a Comment