I just don't have any words for the pics. So I hope you enjoyed looking at them!
Thrush
Back to Thrush. The medicine she is on is Nystatin. I didn't even take her to the Dr. The nurse just called in the presciption. It's a clear yellowish color. When should I call the Dr and ask for a different medicine?
Does Thrush cause fussiness in babies? I know you said your son was fussy, Kelli. I haven't seen any more fussiness from her aside from withdrawl. Thanks for you help my friends!
Foster Update
Well we found out today that we will have Rose at least until Dec 12th. That's the court date. So I am glad that we will have her through Thanksgiving!
In other developments, we have decided to upgrade our license for 2 children up to the age of 6. More specifically, sibbling groups. I am excited and feel really good about this. For one thing, we NEED the extra money we will be getting; and second hopefully we'll get a couple of adoptions out of it. So look out ladies, I may be catching up w/kids here pretty soon!
So after we lose Rose we will be getting a couple of new kids. CPS told me today that they get a lot of new babies w/an older sibbling that need placements. We are excited for what's to come.

9 comments:
Hey Renee--I just looked up in my peds book that it could take up to 2 months to be clear of the infection. I doubt that it really will take that long. It also said that you should continue using the medication for at least 2 days after the lesions have disappeared. Just remember to keep sterilizing everything, even things you would not think of like burp cloths, sheets and clothing that may have come in contact with her mouth, And especially anyone’s hands that may have come in contact with Rose.
I know that makes her sound like she has the plague or something. But you might consider buying a bottle of soap less hand sanitizer and keeping it close to her and sanitize often when holding her or touching her. Good Luck!!! I hope that it can clear up fast!!!! Was she on antibiotics??
So you are going to start taking older kids??? WOW that is so cool. If I ever thought about fostering, I would totally take older kids. They would be way fun!!!!
What an amazing person you are!
Renee- I lived with my mom and sister and her husband James when my niece Lexus was born and she had thrush unfortunately for them hers was hard to get rid of but they weren't doing what you are and sterilizing everything so she kept getting reinfected. I do know from my experience with her that she wasn't fussier than normal but I don't have much to go on except her experience.
Of all the crazy things we've had to deal with for our kids, thrush isn't one of them- sorry, I have no advice! That's exciting to hear about fostering/adopting older kids and siblings. That would be so great. How did the idea come up? It sounds like a great idea, a lot of changes at once, but a great idea. I have a friend who had 1 child, then adopted 3 within a year! Jason sees a lot of kids in foster care where he works and I only wish all those kids could have someone as loving as you to take care of them.
Just think of it as Kanker sores in the mouth so I think it would cause fussiness. I hope she gets better soon.
Sounds like you guys have some fun new adventures in store! Good luck, and keep us all posted! Love, Kalia
Renee' she is beautiful. Wow, she has grown so much since her last pictures. It's sounds like there is always some new hurdle to climb, but you are a trooper. I'm so glad you get to keep Rose through Thanksgiving. I'm sure it would be great to foster a couple of siblings, but just don't take on too much. I know you need the money, but don't stress yourself out more than you need to. You are Supermom!
Love ya,
~Mandy
Every website I read said that it can cause fussiness and Levi was fussy but who knows if it was because of that. We went through two rounds of the Nystatin, but I wasn't as good at boiling everything, mostly because we were moving and then just moved in a new place and were unpacking when he had it. But the Diflucan cleared it up for good with him.
I think that is awesome about the fostering older kids. I would love to do this someday. Kinda hard with Gabe's Autism, so I don't know if I would ever be able to.
Good luck, there will be rough times but great ones too. You have a great support network which will help a lot. Love you!
That is awesome, I hope it all works out so well for you!
You are so strong. There aren't a lot of women in the world that can't do what you're doing! That said...if you are still having trouble w/thrush the absolute best and fastest way we have gotten rid of it is with something called Gentian violet (pronounced genshen) just go to the pharmacy and ask for it it is over the counter and its considered a supplement. You wipe it all over their little mouths w/a cotton swab until everything inside is bright PURPLE...its hilarious and adorable. You do this 2-3x a day for 3 days. We have only had to do it 2x before it wiped the thrush out. OK and my advice for fussy babies (after having 4 I've had some experience in this department!) Warm a receiving blanket in the dryer for 10 min and then wrap them up TIGHT (obviously not TOO tight but pretty darn tight) turn off all of the lights and turn down the TV or radio...minimal stimulation is best. Pop a binky in...I have never had a baby fuss longer than a few minutes...at first they might squirm and then they realize they really dig this snuggly thing. I did this with my last baby until she was 8 months old...which is a pretty long time but she absolutely LOVED it. If she is still dealing w/withdrawals then it may also help w/some of her symptoms. LET ME KNOW HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS FOR YA'
Post a Comment