CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Adopting Little Bug.

October 10th, 2006

This was the first moment I met my son. In the NICU, sleeping so soundly and waiting for his Mother to take him home. We got the call from CPS that they needed a home for a baby boy. He was 2 wks old and has dair hair and is small. That's all we knew. I met him on the 10th and spent 4 hrs alone w/him in the NICU. What a beautiful moment that was. I KNEW that he would be ours. I had no doubt in my mind whatsoever. He was designed to be in our family. We brought him home the next morning, October 11th.

We started off having 2 hr visits twice a week w/the BM and Grandma. I would drop him off at CPS and pick him up 2 hrs later. I couldn't wait to have him back in my arms. Those two hours were torture! This continued for at least a few months.

We waited so long for this little one to arrive! Hoping and praying every day! Here he is!

By now Dianna (BM) has signed away her parental rights. We were on cloud 9! We were starting to lessen the amount of visits slowly.

6 months old and the happiest baby ever! He is growing and learning more every day. This was the first time he sat up by himself. We are waiting for the case to be transferred to the adoption unit. Getting excited! We were down to one visit every other week or so.

ADOPTION DAY!

I worked 2 hrs this day (1oam-12pm) and on pins and needles the whole time. Dom took two naps that morning which was rare. The adoption was scheduled for 2:30 but when we got there we found out that so was another case. We only had to wait an additional 15 minutes.
Here is our support group of family/friends who attended:
Mark, Lisa and Nick Pendergrass
Betty Pendergrass
Kassie and Ryan Pendergrass
Zoe and Tyler Jackson
Katie Fosburg
Mike and Ronda Fosburg
Bryan and Brenda Nuggent & Spencer
Shannon Selland (Social Worker)
Marilynn Hatch (Adoption Case Worker)

The Judge was Valerie Jolicoeur. We were allowed to take pictures and video if we wanted to. Not all judges allow this.

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours!".

After the adoption, we celebrated by having dinner @ PF Changs.
We have an Open Adoption in which Dianna gets two visits a year and letters/pictures twice a year.

SEALING DAY!

October 21st
Dom was sealed to us! What a special day and a neat experience. Again we had a lot of friends and family there to support us. Afterwards both families and close friends went to lunch at Old Country Buffet. It meant so much to me that all my sibblings could be there!



October 26th-Adoption Baby Shower from my work!
Needless to say Dom was spoiled rotten! I was so excited that my work did this for me. Dom got a lot of cool toys!

October 28th-Adoption Party
Our Mom's planned an adoption party for us! We went to a cabin in Twin Lakes and celebrated w/family and friends. My sister-in-law, Mary made a beautiful picture slide show w/beautiful music for all of us to watch. Thank you Mary!
A light lunch was served. Mom made a cake w/many cupcakes, covered in frosting, with the message "Welcome to our family Dominic Ryan Pendergrass".
Mary designed the adoption announcements and put together a beautiful picture slide show. Afterwards Mom put together a game where we looked at everyone's baby pictures and guessed who was who. It was fun!

October 29th- Baby Blessing
I just want to note how special this day is. When you adopt, you have to wait until they are yours to bless them. In foster care this usually means that they will be quite a bit older. I have attended many baby's blessings and we will never have a newborn blessed. My mom made Dom's outfit. He is was adorable!

Well this ends our adoption journey for Bug. It seemed long at the time and we were on pins and needles until the Judge declared him as good as our flesh and blood! Dom is an angel sent from heaven. He was meant for our family. He came to us so easily it's hard to believe that we are having such a difficult time this time around. Whatever happens with this next child, we always have Dom. FOREVER! He is OURS!

Thank you for reading this. I just felt the need to share this experience with my friends and family as we are going through quite a different experience trying to adopt this time around.

9 comments:

Amanda Impett said...

That is beautiful Renee thanks for sharing. Damian and I hope that someday soon we can have an equally wonderful experience. I have been thinking and I know it has been hard for you to not be pregnant and experience that but when I see you and Vince with your son I know in my heart that you are a special type of mom meaning that you can immediately make room in your heart for a little one that is not biologically yours and they become yours by the love you have for them in your heart. Nothing against biological mom's out there at all but I just feel it takes a person with a very warm giving heart to be able to take in someone else's child and give them so much unconditional love. You are a good mom Renee keep it up. I just keep praying that some day the Lord gives me that gift maybe he will I have just been looking in the wrong place I know you are busy but we need to catch up I have so many questions for you about how we can get started with foster care and adoption and hopefully I can know the joy that you have experienced by having Dominic.

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your journey in adopting Dom. It looks like it was truly meant to be. You guys have such a great support team cheering for you. You have been so blessed and you are so deserving of every good thing that happens to you.

Stephani said...

Oh, I just loved reading this Renee... What an amazing experience to bring Dom into your family, he's a lucky little boy to have you and Vince as his parents. What sweet pictures and the happiness just radiates from you in all the pictures. Awesome.

Uberly Ewe said...

I am glad that you shared this experience! Dom was ment to be in your family right from the moment you saw him. I felt the same way about my little guy too. Just remember, the baby girl that is ment to join your family too might be a bit different. Each experience I believe is suppose to be unique and special to that child.
Thinking about you.

Becky said...

I loved reading this post. What an amazing journey you have been on.

Brianne said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was getting a little teary eyed reading it. Isn't it the best feeling knowing we have the opportunity to have eternal families? It is such a blessing! Things will work out with another child. Heavenly Father knows your desire and He'll bless you with another opportunity.

Mikaela said...

What a wonderful story...you've brought me to tears over here reading it! What a special couple you and Vince are Renee'! Heavenly Father definately DOES know what He's doing...I'm so happy you have Dom! What a lucky, lucky little guy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Renee. this was really beautiful and sweet to read. This will mean a lot to Dom one day.

Kalia said...

Loved your story! And such wonderful pictures. Dom is so adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin