Today my sister came over and we painted baby girl's room freesia purple. We had a blast! Thank you Katie! Next we will be putting up the border and decorating the room. I am so excited. Maybe we will really get our little girl once her room is all done and waiting for her.
Today Vince brought home a surprise. A little baby kitten that was found at his work. There were two other kittens. Vince was a little surprised that I actually wanted to keep the kitten. He was just going to feed it and shelter it and then we could take it to the Humane Society. She is so cute and little. She is a Tabby cat with blue eyes. I think we may name her Ginger or Tink?
I have experiened my first poop incident w/Dom. Yesterday I went downstairs to get him up from his nap. I went to change him and noticed that there was no diaper. I did put him down w/out pants. I frantically searched for his diaper, but couldn't find it. So I proceed to change him and found traces of poop on his bum. Now I began to freak out! I searched again for the diaper and found it. Bug tried to wrap it up like I do and put it in the diaper genie. But I didn't see any poop in it.
Just then I noticed poop on the floor at the foot of his bed. Great! He took his diaper off and pooped on the floor instead.
The past couple of days he's been really interested in taking off his diaper and wanting to sit on the toilet. He never goes though. I think he's getting closer to potty train, but I still don't think he's there yet.
I am so excited! Dom and I get to join my in-laws to a trip to Utah this weekend. I am so excited. My Brother and Sister-in-law are moving to Korea like next week. So I get to go and say goodbye and see our little niece, Lucy.
Drama w/CPS!
I won't say anything in too much detail, but I have had my first bad experience w/a Social Worker. The baby that we got re-licenced for in May is in need of a permanent home. We were chosen randomly. I can't publish the details of what went on, but the SW lied to me on the phone and treated me just horribly. We are in the process of filing a formal complaint against her. We are not getting this little girl and are back on the list for a new baby girl. I am hoping that 3rd time's the charm. It's been a roller coaster ride this time around w/doing Foster-to-Adopt. It still is the only way for us to have our family, so we're sticking this through. If you want the details of this craziness, you can call or email me.
I think that's my updates for now. Ta ta for now!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Monday, July 21, 2008
Update on life
at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so jealous of your kitten. Steven is allergic so I can't have one. Enjoy it for me!
Wow- your life IS full of interesting things . . . sorry about the whole SW thing. I laughed when you wrote about Dom's first poop accident . . . Lillian does the same thing with her diaper if I put her in her crib in just a diaper. Yesterday in fact- I walk, smell the foul stuff and see her naked in her crib . . . great. All over her pillow and blankets is the offending poop - - thank goodness I have my own washer and dryer now! Welcome to the world of potty training (shudder . . . ), though we aren't officially potty training Lillian (she isn't even two yet!). I had HORRIBLE experiences with my other two- maybe Lillian will be easier???
Lots going on! Some good news and some bad news. How fun to get a kitten! Good luck with potty training! Let us know if you come to SLC and have any extra time, it would be fun to see you!
Gotta love the pottytraining moments. It does sounds like Dominic might be ready to start taking it seriously though. I'm glad you painted the nursery. Can't wait to see the pics. Just hang in there, you will get your little girl. I'm praying for you! Loves....
~Mandy
Post a Comment