CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Friday, July 11, 2008

Update on Dom

I took Dom to the Pediatrician to see if he qualified to get checked for Autism. So far he seems pretty normal. I am glad for that. This just may be his personality coming out. He is engineer like and obsessed w/lights, but I guess that's okay for now.

As far as his sleeping goes. It's turned a corner. So about 2 wks ago we ran out of Pedia Sure and Dom's WIC appt was in 4 days. I just didn't make it to the store until yesterday to get more Pedia Sure. So for the past two weeks he's been eating table foods. He was eating and eating and eating all day long. But he was always hungry. For example when I tried to lay him down for naps and bedtime he would keep getting up and trying to get attention.
Vince found two packages of Pedia Sure in the Utility Room a few days ago so I immediately got Dom back on it. He drank the first one w/in 2 min! He drank another 2 w/in the next 2 hrs. I put him to bed that night and he went right to sleep! Amazing! So since he's been back on the Pedia Sure, he takes naps and goes to bed w/out a fight! I am so glad! I feel bad though because that means that he was hungry. He also lost about 5 oz during the last two wks w/out Pedia Sure. He weighs 22 lbs 7 oz as of a few days ago. So there is something wrong w/his metabolism or something causing him to not get full and lose weight.

For now I have my little boy back!!!

5 comments:

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Whoa, you have been busy posting! It feels so good to have a normal sleeping child! It can really turn your life upside down when they don't sleep well. I wonder why he loses weight without the Pediasure? At least it is easy to keep carrying him! I picked up my friends baby today who is about 14 months and was so jealous of how light and easy he was to carry.

Uberly Ewe said...

OH I am so glad that you figured out what was going on. It is good that he is back to his normal self, with the sleeping. :) And good for you!!! :)

The Lovells said...

I was having trouble replying to your post so I'm leaving you a comment instead. On our blog under other sites is a link to flutterphotography. Randi Brunt took the pics, she is awesome! It is the second time she has done pictures for us. I would totally recommend her.

Becky said...

I am glad that the Autism thing is OK- it is so hard to tell things until they are older and it is causing problems in school, Etc. Like all the things I told you about Marcus . . . give me a call or drop me an email anytime you need to talk! Sometimes it is so hard to figure things out- but either way, when you are having trouble with your kids it is really hard! People would say being a parent is the hardest thing you will ever do- that is SO true!

Heather said...

I miss your posting more often!!! I hope things are starting to go better for you. Raising kids is so hard!!! Just remember you are a wondeful mommy!! Your family is in my heart and prayers!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin