Call me lazy but I just don't like taking Dom to the potty all the time when nothing is happening. He just likes to hop on the toilet, flush it and then he's done. Then I have to put his diaper back on again. Grrr! I do not want to potty train! It wouldn't be so bad if he actually went potty, but he doesn't get that part yet. Today he pooped in his diaper and I was waited for him to tell me to change him, but he didn't say a word! He walked around in his poop for like 40 min before I asked him if he needed a diaper change. The little stinker. I would think that by now a poopy diaper would bother him.

4 comments:
Don't push the potty training thing too hard. Really, all three of my girls took their time and I didn't push it but just after they turned 3 they were fully, both day and night, potty trained. Just give himt he opportunity and when he is ready he will do it.
I think if he wants to sit on the toilet, let him, it's a big sign that he's interested in the whole potty training thing. Even if he doesn't do anything, eventually his body will do it's thing. Logan has now decided he want's to wear big boy underware instead of pullups....
Um, yeah, we're in that boat too. We haven't given potty training a big enough push yet, but we've had a few sit on the toilet for hours just to flush & play, and it's frustrating. During those couple times we put him in underwear between, but that's always stressful worrying about impending messes. I don't have any good advice on this, just similar experiences :-).
yes, he gets an extra special treat for pooping in the potty. And the tinkerbell theme, I've had that coding for it on my desktop for months, I just was to lazy to have to retype in all my blogs and codes.
Post a Comment