Today at work I walked in the lunchroom and one of my co-workers made the comment that she wanted to start a sewing project, but was too busy to do, so she was thinking of asking someone else to do it. That's when I walked in and one of my other Co-workers pointed at me and said "she can do it, she only works part-time". I jokingly but really serious, said hello, I am a part-time stay-at-home Mom too; I'm always working. She laughed and said "yeah, right". I'm sorry but she pissed me off. I am always tired and don't get to relax until Dom goes to bed. I want to be a Full-time stay-at-home Mom so bad, but it's not time yet (finacially). It just erks me that a lot of people don't get how hard stay-at-home mom's work. Part-time or Full-time. It's hard, tiring, yet rewarding job. I can't say how much I love teaching and watching Dom grow. I have to say that Jandre-who watches Dom-does a fantastic job. Our boys are growing so close. So basically, I think that whether you are a working Mom or Stay at home mom, you are working just a hard as the other. Hey, we're Mom's!

2 comments:
What a nice thing to say about me! I'm very flattered. Thank YOu! You do a fine job, but yes, staying at home is awfully rewarding!
When you do get to stay home full time it is just not all about taking care of the kids. There is allot to the job. Taking care of your home. I read a blog the other day about what ladies did in the early 1900's and most of the time was spent cooking and caring for their home...and then taking care of the children. It is more than being a FREE BABY SITTER. It is more than 8 hours aday...but rather 24/7. I am sorry that this lady said those things to you. Some people can be just so thoughtless.
Post a Comment