CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Friday, June 6, 2008

Sick Child

Well, yesterday started off as any other day until Dom woke up from his nap. He was burning up! I took his temp and it was 103.4. He was very shaky and pretty out of it. @ 3:45 I checked his temp again and it climbed to 103.8. I gave him Tylenol and Motrin and made an appt. @ the Pedatrician's office. The medicine kicked in pretty quick and was acting completely normal by the time I took him to the Dr. They didn't run any tests and guessed it was probably a virus, which I thought in the first place, but I don't take chances with Dom. The Dr. said that high of a fever was concerning and to watch him close. She said he should have a fever for the next 3-4 days and possibly followed by a rash or cold-like symptoms. So last night was filled with me giving Dom his doseges of medicine and I am so tired to say the least. It seems that his fever broke about 4am or so. I gave him his last dose of Motrin @ 5am and he was fine. He woke up late and feels normal. So I will just have to keep a close watch that the fever doesn't come back.
I will keep him home from church on Sunday just to be safe.

1 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

I am glad that he is feeling better. Sad that you could not come to the Donation Station with me today but we will plan on doing that in September. I can't wait. Oh, and I went through all of Bug's old clothes and got more stuff for Dom. The stuff that is to small for him you can give to Jandre if you want. I was going to sell the stuff at the Just Between Friends sale in September but I just don't think I will be up to it then. I thought you would enjoy the items for Dom. See you next week. Have a good weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin