CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeling The Blues

I haven't been upstairs to ck my blog or email for two days now. I am trying to be more productive with my days. It's hard though. This staying at home is harder than I thought. I love it, don't get me wrong. It's just lately I've been a little depressed. About what? I have no idea. It's hard to get out of bed and easy to stay in my PJ's all day when I don't leave the house at all. This weather is a big part of the problem, I think. I am looking forward to this weekend where much warmer weather will be here. I have been so cold in my house! I am cold in JUNE! Our heat has been kicking on in the morning's and evenings. I feel like it's winter or fall, not SUMMER.

I've been trying to read some uplifting books. I just finished the last book (A Dance to Remember) by Anita Stansfield. And coincidentally, this book deals with Depression of all kinds.

I've been really moody too and yelling at Dominic a lot. I try not to, but he's just getting so much more defiant lately! It's really difficult for me.
Not to get too personal here, but my Dad yelled at us kids a lot when growing up and I sense that the same thing is happening to me. I can't stop it, I just get soooooooo mad!!!
I am quick to appoligize to Dom and feel really guilty for having just yelled at him. Is anyone else like this? I see other gals in our ward and they seem to never yell at their kids like I yell at Dom. They are all so patient, it seems.
I do give Dom A LOT of love to outweigh the bad times.

I am proud of myself and Dom; yesterday we threw away his binkies together. He took his nap w/out it and went to bed w/out it. He's slowly forgetting about it. Today he did not take a nap.
I am trying to get Dom involved w/potty training more. I put him on the toilet maybe once a day. He's not READY READY yet, but getting there. I'm not going to push him.

Overall I am happy. I am excited to add to our family however long that may take. I am very grateful to be home owners, even though we can barely pay our Mtg at the moment. I always have hope that it will change.

So, I guess I could use some words of encouragement from my friends. Is it just me feeling the blues, or is it going around due to the weather?

Thanks for listening!

5 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

Renee it will all work out. I know exactly how you feel. Even though it is sunny here I still have those days.
Dont feel bad I yell at my kids. probably a little more than I should. It has to do with major lack of sleep I think. Are you getting enough sleep? Hope the weather gets better there so you can be happier. Make sure you open the blinds and try to get as much sunlight as possible. Dont forget to ask for the lords help. I can't ever pray enough for his help.

Mikaela said...

Staying at home full time is definately an adjustment whether you started out full time at home or not. It's hard to be with the kids 24-7. So you're not alone. I have to really try NOT to yell because I'm prone to this as well. So you're not alone. I've found that on the days I get a routine going, I feel better by the end. That doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does. Hang in there. Once the weather changes, and you guys can be outside in the yard more and in the pool or whatever, it'll seem better. McKay has also gotten more defiant. Is favorite saying to me is: "go away!" I'm so sick of hearing that. So your kid isn't the only one who is in the phase! :)

Uberly Ewe said...

I too have been having the blahs, and do think it has a lot to do with this crazy January like weather we have been having. Plus I think physically the barometric pressure gets to me when the rain is coming down. It gets in my joints.
I have been getting a bit tired of Bug saying "NO" all the time too. He might be tired of the weather too, and trying to express his frustrations.
I have been learning to just walk away when he is being bad. *at home* and go have a time out for myself tell I can deal with the issue in a calm matter.
You are not alone feeling how you feel. I went through the same thing when I quite my job 2 years ago. I got depressed. But keep your chin up and look for those blue skies. The weather man promised they are coming this week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you for keeping afloat!

Heather said...

Oh Renee, you are so cute. Being at home is hard sometimes cuz it can be lonley. I thought about you tonight as I was yelling at my kids LOL. I swear they only hear me when I yell. I mean I can't believe you yell at your kids I never do that LOL hahahah

Blog Widget by LinkWithin