CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Potty Training in FULL swing!

I'm happy to report that Bug is doing so well potty training. He's gone #2 pretty much all week! Since he first went #2 in the potty he hasn't gone in his pants!!! Not once!!
We decided to reward him w/a new toy car ($.97 at walmart). He's got two new cars now just to remind him that he need to go #2 in the potty!
The other day he said "I poopoo in the potty Mommy! I want more cars!!!" It was the cutest thing!
He's been peeing in the potty two. One problem is that when we're not at home, he has a tougher time going in another potty, so he's having more accidents. I'm wondering if I should just bring the training seat w/us when we go places?
I'm learning that I need to always have at least 2 pair of underwear and shorts for him when we're gone, incase of accidents.

On to other stuff,
This weekend we emptied out our storage unit cause it was costing us WAY too much! So our home has been overtaken by boxes and tubs. Our front porch is embarrasing to look at. More boxes and misc. items are on it.
Well, I can't live w/a MESS like we had, so today I spent most of the day moving the boxes around and hiding them w/in our house.
Bug had a bookshelf for toys in his closet and I took it out and stacked boxes in there.
I stacked some of the bigger boxes in our room, and filled our closet w/more boxes.
The tubs are going in the crawl space under the house.

My recliner has been in storage for a LONG TIME and I now enjoying it in my living room. We rearranged a little bit.
We have a loveseat that we were going to put upstairs, but it won't fit through the doorway upstairs...so I'm sure what to do w/it. I think for now, we are going to make a space for it on our front porch. Can you say "white trash" LOL!

I have a bunch of stuff I've decided to try to to take to Once Upon a Child or Goodwill if OUAC won't take them. It's difficult for me to get rid of stuff, so I'm proud.
We have a baby swing, bouncer, girl's clothes, one of those floor mats to lay baby on back, and an infant/toddler tub. And a box of old shoes that Bug grew out of.

For the week ahead:
My little bro's 27th Birthday tomorrow
Swimming lessons Mon-Thurs (first time for Bug)
Meeting w/state atty for open adoption agreement, tomorrow afternoon
FHE tomorrow night w/Sherwoods
Scouts for Vince on Wed
Potluck @ the park w/friends
That's as far as I've got so far.

I'm rambling now, so I'll go.

3 comments:

Kalia said...

Congrats on the potty training, hotwheels work wonders! Atley still occasionally talks about "pooping for a car". We took a potty seat around with us a few times. It gives them more comfort to go in strange places. They even make fold up ones for traveling. Isn't it amazing how much stuff we accumulate. I keep planning to sort through our stuff so we can purge and clear it out, but it's hard. Everything is so sentimental or good for the what if times, but such a drag in the meantime! Good luck with everything! Love, Kalia

xoelle said...

sometimes I feel like a sepnd half of my day dealing with "stuff" Cleaning it, folding it, organizing it, picking it off the floor, sorting through it...and I KNOW that my life would be more simple with less of it- but like you, I have a hard time parting with things (even though I know that they are just things!)...so good for you!

Becky said...

Sorry I haven't popped into your blog for awhile - - but it was fun to get caught up! I had fun looking at the pictures of your family too - - seriously, your brothers don't look that much different than when we were teenagers - - well, maybe a little! I am so glad things are going so well with "L"!!! Our prayers are with you! You've done a good job with potty training too- - I am HORRIBLE at it. We are just starting with Lillian, and it isn't going so well. Oh well, she won't even be 3 until September. Anyway, glad things are going well for you- and good luck with life!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin