Our day of yard work started at 10:30am and went until 6pm, with only 3 breaks. This is the first Saturday that we have set aside to work in our yard. We have a lot to do still! Since we bought the house (2 1/2 yrs ago) the yard has needed a lot of work and we have let it go.
The kids had fun running and crawling around the yard while we worked. It was a little difficult to do yard work while trying to keep "L" from putting everything in her mouth.
Here is "L" eating dirt! I have a picture from when I was the same age, doing the same thing.
Gpa & Gma stopped by for a little while. They were playing ball w/Dom.
Here's Gpa playing w/Bug.
Bug playing ball w/Gpa and Gma
Gma teaching Bug how to catch the football
The kids got a new sandbox and Bug jumped right in!
Picture of our tree in the front yard with the branches trimmed. They were really long!
"L" eating dirt!
Bug was trying to be a big helper
Look how happy Vince looks during the start of the day!
Vince and I dug and pulled all the weeds from this corner. There were a lot!
It's taken me weeks to finish pulling all the weeds from the side of the curb, but today I did!
This is the empty lot next to our house and look at all those nasty weeds in there!!!
I cleaned up this area by the tree.
This was the pile of the tree branches I cut off.
Vince got the weed eater going and we were finally able to clear all of the weeds along this side of the house! It looks so much better!

5 comments:
Your place looks really good. Good for you guys. I'm glad you were able to get some work done and make room for a BBQ. Summer is ALMOST over but it's better late than NEVER LOL.
:) GREAT Job guys. Yes that looks like a lot of work. It looks great now. I hate yard work.
I have given up with keeping things out of Ladybug's mouth. She puts everything in there too.
it looks great. vince looks so happy to be working in the yard. cannot help but notice there are no pics of you. hee hee
oh no! it looks like you pulled out all the irises that were in the backyard by the door!! I hope not! : (
Good job you guys! Looks like you guys worked so hard. It's so nice to be able to look and see what a difference you can make when get rid of weeds and overgrown bushes. It's gotta feel good. I wish I had that big of a backyard. The kids are growing like weeds, no pun intended :)
~Mandy
Post a Comment