CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Friday, July 17, 2009

Life is good

I am feeling so good about life right now, in general.
We've really been struggling in this economy and threatened in losing our home. Well, things are seeming to turn the corner in a lot of areas. Looks like we get to keep our house , though it's not official yet.
We are learning to manage our money a lot better (thanks to certain family members)!
I am happy!
Learning to manage a budget is hard work, but I think we can do it! Before this was set up, we were all over the place. I have always snickered when "budget" is mentioned but now I'm grateful! I'm trying not to be too specific when talking about our finances as that is a very personal thing.

I helped my mom weed this week. I worked solid for almost 2 hours. I love helping my mom out. It's hard w/two kids though. They were so good playing in the backyard and my sister helped watch them as well as assisted me in weeding.
Weeding is HARD work sometimes...especially when the weather is like 90 degrees.

"Ls" case is hard on me. She's at the age where she's starting to cry (mostly when she's tired) when I leave the room. This makes it difficult in letting her go to her visits. Her case is pretty quiet right now. We're just counting the days until the TPR (termination of parental rights) hearing begins. I am praying and pleading that we will win! I've heard some cases where this can just drag on and on...I pray that, that's not the case here.
I do give props to the birth parents for fighting tooth and nail for their daughter (my daughter).

I have been enjoying and hating this weather! It's fun to let the kids play in their pool, but our house is so dang HOT! Our energy bill is so low now compared to the winter that it's hard to complain about the heat.

Our lawn is NOT pretty! Weeds growing in everywhere!!! We do not have a working lawn mower so our lawn is getting pretty long.
I broke one of our sprinklers so watering the lawn had been a little bit difficult.

I'm pretty much rambling so I'll say goodnight!

I'm grateful for my husband, children, house, vehicles, family, good friends, love and loss and trials.

2 comments:

Kalia said...

What a wonderful post, to have hope through the hard times, but still acknowledge the hard times. Good luck with everything, especially the house and L, and budgeting too, because I'm right where you are trying to get a handle on it. It's harder than you'd think, but so worth it! Love, Kalia

Renee' P said...

Thanks Kalia! You're sweet and it's always nice to know your not alone in the hard times.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin