CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm one of those...

As I was coming home from Jandre's tonight, I had these thoughts in my head.
I'm walking up to my house and noticing that our yard is accumulating lots of toys...and they are being left out at night.

I walk up the stairs to my front porch. I notice a book, bag of cars and other random toys that my son has brought out to play with...and never put away.

I walk in my door and notice THAT smell again...the kitty litter. And when it's HOT outside the smell amplifies by 20! No AC makes for musty nasty smells. Like, my husband's boots that he ALWAYS leaves infront of the couch, in the middle of the living room, with his stinky dirty socks inside them! Add that smell to the kitty litter!!!

Now, as I look at my living room floor (which I just had perfectly clean last weekend) I notice toys and diaper bags and stuff from the diaper bag dumped on the floor. A mess!
Also my husband's camping stuff dropped on the floor...thanks honey!
My kitchen table is currently pretty clean. Just a few glasses, a bowl, an empty jar of baby food and tupperwear container.

My kitchen gets messed up SO fast! How does that happen? It's frustrating...to spend 1-2 hours hand washing dishes and wiping the counters and stovetop, just to have it all messed up again w/in 24 hours.

I am a bit lazy I must admit. Sometimes I don't want to clean! I don't know how some of you do it! It must be exhausting to clean every single day, all day!
I just don't have that much energy. So there it is!
Now you know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Without a dishwasher I would be in SOOO much trouble! Luckily i do have one, and I now also have a 6 and 7 year old that take turns loading and unloading it. It's great!

Mist said...

I hate cleaning house. I am constantly cleaning house. LOL. We have a dishwasher..and I swear I am the only one that knows how to wash dishes!

Holly Murray said...

Last week in RS a sister (who has no children yet) said that you can only feel the Spirit in your home when your house is clean. Now we all know that is not true. Remember what's most important and I can tell you that a perfectly clean house is not the most important thing. Do what you can, when you can and when your kids are older then you can work on keeping your house spotless.

Sharalyn said...

There's a difference between the clutter of a busy, happy home and filth. It's a challenge, that's for sure. Especially when your children are infants and toddlers. I have found through experience that it really doesn't take any more work to keep up than it does to catch up. I've also learned that keeping up can usually be done a little bit here and a little bit there instead of having to spend an entire day catching up (which is the accumulation of the "little bit here and a little bit there). Check out Flylady.com. She has some great ideas for home management that are pretty laid back and very doable. Good luck! All your hard work WILL pay off.

Kalia said...

Tell me about it!!! The daily grind I tell you!! It's life I guess, but we'd all better figure out how to manage it because it's so dang overwhelming to be constantly behind!!! Aaaahh!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin