We went to court today, again fighting for our little girl! There was lots said and my heart did ups and downs quite a few times! I thought I was going to throw-up a time or two.
In the end...the judge ruled in favor of ADOPTION! He agrees that it's in the best interest of "L" and basically it's too late for the birth parents. It's sad and I feel for them w/this reality.
So, now in a few months we go the termination hearing, where the parental rights will be terminated!
Then another few months and we OFFICIALLY ADOPT "L"!
I am still kind of in shock! I was praying that the judge would decide this, but was prepared for the worst and since we've already lost "L" twice since birth!
I can't believe that my dreams of wondering what she'll be like and look like as a toddler and little girl are coming true!
Bug gets to keep his little sister! We get to have a MUCH BELATED baby shower when she's adopted!
Every time I buy her clothes, I wonder if they'll be some other baby's clothes or just hers!
From day 1 when we got the call about her, I felt like she was meant to be ours. It's been a rough rough ride, but here we are!!!!!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Judge's Decision...
at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Congratulations! That is huge!!
WAHOO!!!! Congratulations! What a miracle!
Congratulations!!!! That is something great to celebrate about!!!!!!!! :)
Oh, I'm so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!!
Congrats...again!
Here is praying that the Term Court Hearing comes quickly. Do you know if a date has been set yet. And that maybe the BPs will sign the paperwork to relinquish their rights so that things will go quicker. I know you are willing to do an Open Adoption and I hope that their Attorney informs them that this will be a good decision instead of fighting it all the way and then not getting that Open Adoption. But only time will tell.
Congrats again.
:)
Oh Renee, I am SO happy for you guys!!! I just got tingles reading your post, how special that she will be yours forever. I'm so glad that things worked out for your sweet little girl to be in the best possible place for her. Congratulations! Would love to come to the much overdue shower when it happens. :)
That's amazing news! We're SO happy for you all!!!!!!
i am so happy for you guys, YIPPEE
WOW, AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so super excited for you guys!! What a super long wait you had, but how wonderful to see it all coming to a close. I'm so glad you got your Lil!!!!!!!! What a story you have to tell!!!
I've been MIA lately Renee, but this is such great news! Keep us updated, and I hope that you will get your little girl in the end.
Post a Comment