CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My day...

Started this morning @ 1am when I had to feed Rose.
4am-fed Lil
6am-fed Rose
8am-Lil wakes up and is ready to play, changed her diaper
8am-Rose wakes up, changed her diaper, fed her again
10am-WIC appt for Lil, took all 3 kids
11am-was too tired to hang out in the valley so headed back home
12pm-put all kids down for a nap, Lil didn't go down as easy and Dom didn't sleep
1pm-Lil wakes up and is fussy for a little while but finally takes a bottle
2pm-put Lil back down for a nap, this time she slept
2pm-Rose wakes up, fed her
3pm-Vince comes home and I took off to go the store for some much needed alone time!
4:15-Got back from the store after spending the last penny in our checking acct on baby food (we only had $30 left until tomorrow)
4:30-made Vince change Dom and Rose, Lil wakes up and wants to eat
4:30-Rose goes down for a nap
5:30-ate steak that Vince BBQ'd

It's almost 7pm now, and I am exhausted! Lil is doing really good, I think. She is learning quickly that I am taking care of her needs. She doesn't like to, or definately isn't used to being held at all. It makes me sad. She's perfectly happy being layed down and having a bottle propped up for her.
I am just realizing that I have to bond w/her all over again. When she was 3 mo old it wasn't as hard, but now she's older and at the age where they are usually attached to their Mommy's.
Rose is completely attached to me but needs to start bonding w/her birth parents.
I love my Lil girl so much and just really want her to be attached and bonded to me. I know, this takes time. She is so much fun already! She laughs all the time and fusses only when hungry or tired. She doesn't like to be rocked or cradled; just layed down to bed.
Rose will be spending less and less time w/us over the next month. Her next hearing is on Feb 24th and we'll see what the Judge decides at that time. She will be having her first overnight visit w/the birthparents in about 2 weeks.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more updates!

Possibly a baby shower in the near future???

4 comments:

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

WHoa! Sounds crazy...I'm sure you are so worn out, but still loving it. Having kids, what are they 7 months apart is probably even harder than having twins! Well, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to come visit again and meet Lil. Do you have any estimate how quickly things could happen with her?

Angela said...

I haven't stayed up on blogger lately, so I'm just catching up on all the big changes going on in your family. I'm so happy to hear about your Lil girl! She sounds so sweet, it's hard to understand why some people don't hug and cuddle babies and cover them in kisses! I know the bond will come with time! Good luck with all the craziness that 3 little kids bring! I hope you get some sleep and find a little "mommy time" each day!

Kalia said...

Insane I tell you, what a busy schedule!! Good luck with rebonding, just keep exposing her to loves and hopefully she'll learn to crave them!! She sounds like a sweetie girl, keep posting pics!! Love, Kalia

ABBOTTLAND said...

Renee', I am so happy that you got Lil back. You seem so overjoyed. I will pray for you guys that she can stay with you for keeps. She is beautiful and you have done such a great job with Rose. She is a beauty also. How is Dom doing with sharing mommy with 2 girls now?
~Mandy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin