CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rose is 3 mo old!

This is a onsie that I wore when I was a baby. Isn't that neat?3 mo. old and trying out the Bumbo!
I think she likes it!!!Such a sweet girl.Someone is getting a little tired! Can't hold up that head much longer.
Rose is 3 months old as of yesterday. I can't believe it. She's grown so much since we first brought her home. I took her to Dr. and she is 9 lbs 12 1/2 oz.
She's really doing well at holding up her head and smiling all the time.
She loves being on her changing table and always smiles when I take that diaper off. She's a silly girl. I'm finall starting to see her personality and it's so sweet.
We've come a long way from her having withdrawls and being so fussy. She is so much better now. She still HATES her car seat, but will settle down w/me talking calmly to her.
I tried to hold back from being completely attached to her, but that just isn't working. I am a much better mother when I give myself completely to her. She has noticed too.
She has has a cold w/a fever for the past two days, so the visits have been cancelled. It's nice not have the visits. She is so much calmer.
There was an incident that got me quite upset the other day. Rose has some scratches under her right eye from her scratching at it. So she goes to her visit on Monday. Shortly after she got back I got an surprise visit from the SW. Apparantly the BP called their atty and told him/her that the baby has a black eye. The SW looked her over and saw nothing wrong, but still required me to take her to the Dr. and bring back a dr's note saying everything was fine.
So I took her to the Dr that evening and the Dr. said everything looked fine and the scrathes looked like the baby could have done them to herself.
Anyway, it just made me mad that the parents pulled something like that. Whatever. Rose is the happiest baby right now and not being abused in any way!
The parents want her back so badly that they are going to court every two weeks for placement of her.
Stay tuned for more foster updates!!!

2 comments:

Kalia said...

Wow, I can't believe how harsh the system can be. I told Justin we'd be screwed if Silas was a foster child because he always has bruises and scratches on his head. He is walking now, but still falls plenty and also has a 3 year old brother that helps him fall. Sometimes they look bad, but it's just part of childhood. Kids get scratches and bruises, and I can't imagine you ever abusing a child, so I can't believe you had to get more proof than the SW looking. Good luck, she's a cutie. I think she looks a lot like Dom too! Love, Kalia

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Oh, she is so darling...I feel like she has already grown up soooooo much since I saw her.

I am so annoyed with her parents! How lame! A black eye? Come on! Babies scratch themselves all the time and it is so hard to keep their fingernails perfectly trimmed!

Rose sounds so similar to Lucy at that age. Lucy's favorite thing was getting her diaper changed until she go mobile, and her least favorite thing was her carseat. She would cry the whole way anywhere we went, unless it was over an hour long drive she would finally pass out (I totally avoided driving anywhere!). Some babies love carseats and hate diaper changes...anyway I feel like the ones like Rose and Lucy must just love freedom. It sounds funny to connect those two likes and dislikes, but if you think about it the carseat takes away their freedom and the diaper change certainly gives it to them. I really think it's all about feeling free!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin