CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Friday, August 3, 2007

Preparing for 2nd child


NO I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!!

I am full of wonderful emotions!! I have been praying for direction for how we are going to get our 2nd child. I didn't know if we should go the medical way yet or adoption again. This week & especially today my prayers have been answered & I have the direction to go. Fostering is not the way this time. That was special for Dominic. This time we will go through LDS Family Services. Vince & I both feel very strong about this.
I was just spending some time reading other couples profiles on the adoption site & there are so many couples out there who want more children who can't have them. There are couples who have been blessed with one child of their own but are unable to have more. I'm not sure what catagory we fit into, except that I haven't gotten pregnant yet after 4 1/2 yrs.
I feel so good about this decision & know that we have a daughter waiting to join our little family. I don't think we'll start the paperwork until the end of this year. It's a little intimidating seeing the many other hopeful adoptive parents waiting to be chosen. Instead of thinking of them as competitors, I'm thinking that we are all loving families waiting for an addition & there will be a little spirit for all of us at some point. Some will have to wait longer than others, but it's all the same in the end.
I don't feel ready for another baby yet, but have faith that it will all come together in the end & I will feel ready.
I love Motherhood & know that it was always meant for me, one way or another. There are those days that are trying & diffucult but then I look at Dominic & see how much he loves Vince & I. We are so blessed to have him in our family!

1 comments:

Mikaela said...

Dominic is so cute! I appreciate you calling me the other day with this information. You guys are going to be such a great resource to us....there is obviously a reason we were meant to know each other, and i think I'm getting the better end of this deal! Thanks for your support!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin